With SSO (Single-Sign-On), your students don't need a separate user account to access your online school. You can use the existing login system of your built-in WordPress site.
A WordPress plugin connects a WordPress site with your LearnWorlds School for seamless browsing between them. This plugin will allow the LearnWorlds school to use the WordPress authentication system, meaning that all WordPress users would have access to the School.
Why should you use the WordPress plugin?
If you already have built your business on WordPress, this plugin will help you provide amazing learning experiences. On your site, you can add a menu item with a link to your school. When members of your page click on this item, they directly connect to your learning material without the need to register at the school you have created with LearnWorlds.
Or imagine that you have created a blog post where you train people on your subject and you want to provide more explicit video training. You can then add a link to your blog post, including a shortcode to a course (or even a learning activity!) you want to redirect your readers to. They can then immediately continue browsing your educational content without getting through the tiring process of creating a new account.
The same goes for if you have created a series of courses in a card style on your website and you want your members to sign in directly when selecting one. This can also work as a white-label mechanism, as your students will barely know they are connected with LearnWorlds, and they will think they are learning from your brand (to learn how to create fully white-labeled schools, click here).
What does the SSO plugin offer?
When a user wants to log in, sign up or reset their password, they will be redirected to your WordPress site.
1. When a user finds your school and wants to Sign in, they are immediately redirected to the login/sign-up page of your WordPress site, and they have to sign in from there.
2. When a user wants to Sign up for your school, they are immediately redirected to your WordPress site's login/sign-up page and have to register from there.
3. When a user wants to Reset their password in your school, they are immediately redirected to your WordPress site.
As described, users are directed immediately to your school through an SSO link in your WordPress site without having to log in again. Once logged in to your WordPress site they are already connected to the school as well! Or any of your school pages.
How to connect your WordPress site with your school
The connection between these two sites is done manually with the use of your custom URLs (eg. courses, checkout pages, etc.) that work as links. Note that, if you change your domain name, you have to re-enter those links. So it is advisable that before creating the necessary connections with your WordPress site, you set your custom domain in your school.
You can use SSO links from your WordPress site to any of your school pages, which you can place practically anywhere using the shortcode provided. An example of a shortcode might be
[learnworlds-sso-link url="http://myschool.learnworlds.com" text="Login to school" logged-in-text="Go to school"]
You can create menu items on your site (with LearnWorlds endpoints menu items provided by the plugin). Suppose you want to add your new course as a menu item on your site. Here is how to do that:
In WordPress go to the dashboard and select Appearance → Menus.
In the Add menu items section choose Learnworlds endpoints and tick the SSO link box.
In the Menu structure section inserts the name you want to give to your item and the public URL of your course, which you can find in the Access tab on your Learnworlds author page.
The menu item will then appear in the place you have selected, and your members will have immediate access to your new course.
SSO school link
You can add a school link with the SSO widget provided with the plugin.
Benefits of this plugin
1. The LearnWorlds SSO plugin improves the browsing experience of your students by taking away the need to create new accounts or re-enter an email and password in both your WordPress and LearnWorlds site.
2. Every time a registered LearnWorlds user changes their email in their WordPress profile, the plugin updates that email to the LearnWorlds database as well, keeping the two neatly synced.
3. The plugin also supports WooCommerce and allows your website to use the default account management pages that are installed by the WooCommerce plugin.
How to activate this plugin in your school
When you are set with your WP SSO plugin navigate to Site Builder → Sign in/up → Custom SSO URL.
And paste the SSO URL displayed in your WP SSO plugin settings to the corresponding field. Press Test URL to check that the URL is working and you are all set.