Stripe is one of our integrated payment gateways and is also the only one that supports subscription-based sales. Go to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway, and click on the Stripe option.
1. Activate payments through Stripe.
2. Connect to your Stripe account (you need to keep the Stripe account you have connected to and should NOT connect to a different one later).
3. You can select whether you will sell only by subscriptions and not individual courses. You can also check out our relevant guide here.
4. You have the ability to enable the Trial with a Credit card option, and then your students should be required to add a credit card before starting a trial of a Subscription plan.
You can also accept payments (subscription plans are not supported) through iDEAL, Bancontact, Giropay, SOFORT, PRZELEWY24, Klarna, Afterpay/Clearpay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay:
Billing Details notes:
- For the billing details that will be requested from the users during the checkout process, navigate to the Billing Details tab. When Stripe is enabled, some standard billing info fields (Name, Address, Postal code, and Country) will automatically be activated and marked as required.
- When the School Admin enables Klarna, Afterpay, or Sofort as a payment option within the Stripe setup and the end-user has already chosen a country on the billing details section, the payment methods will be adjusted according to the country they have selected so that they do not have to complete this information again.
- In case the ‘country’ field is required, in the billing details section, users will see this payment option available on the payment checkout page; select their country. There are two available scenarios here if the country is supported, the payment option is available, or if it is not supported, the payment option is disabled & upon hovering, they are informed via a tooltip that their country is not supported via, e.g., Afterpay / Clearpay.
- If the ‘country’ field is not required in the billing details section, they can see all the available payment options, select payment method (Klarna, Afterpay/ Clearpay, Sofort), and then under the payment method appears the country dropdown. The dropdown should present only the countries that support each payment method.
Stripe Account Setting:
- Remember in your Stripe account, on Settings → Subscription and Emails, to have the Customer emails option deactivated to avoid undesired charges on your customers.
- If a school is set to sell only by subscriptions and a user is on a subscription trial, then they can see their remaining trial days on their Account.
- If you wish to activate Mexican Stripe for your LearnWorlds school, contact our support team at email@example.com to assist you.
- The Sandbox option needs to be deactivated when the school goes live to avoid paid course access without payment since when in sandbox mode, no credit cards will actually be processed. This model is offered only to test the payment flow & generate sample invoices.
a. Once you connect your Stripe account and create your subscriptions and installments, you should NOT connect a different Stripe account; otherwise, you will not be able to receive payments from the users that purchased a subscription or installment while you had connected the original account. For any further inquiries on this note, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
b. If your users have already activated a subscription, you should NOT change the currency since your existing customers will not be able to pay in the new currency.
c. If a user requests a refund, you can refund this amount via your Stripe account. You can click here for more information.
d. If a user changes their email in the platform, you will need to alter the email in your Stripe account for the user to receive emails.
e. Stripe’s processing fee combines a small fixed amount and a percentage, so they enforce a minimum amount when creating a charge. This ensures you don’t lose money on a charge. You will find more information about the minimum and maximum charge amounts on each currency in the relevant Stripe documentation here.
f. According to Stripe policy, when you start processing live payments from your customers with Stripe, you won't receive your first payout until 7–14 days after receiving your first successful payment. You may find out more here.