If you are using Cloudflare as your domain hosting provider, then you need to follow the next steps to connect your purchased domain with your LearnWorlds school.
Create a CNAME Record in CloudFlare
1. Log in to your CloudFlare account and click Select Website.
2. Select the domain that you would like to use for your school.
3. Click on DNS on your dashboard.
4. In the DNS Records section, in Type, select CNAME.
5. In Name, enter the subdomain you wish, e.g. www (or courses, or academy, or anything similar). A subdomain precedes your main domain name. For example in www.yourschool.com, www is the subdomain.
6. In Target, enter your LearnWorlds school URL (e.g. yourschool.learnworlds.com or yourschool.mylearnworlds.com, or yourschool.getlearnwordls.com).
7. In TTL, select Auto.
8. Click the Cloudflare cloud and arrow icon to deactivate that Cloudflare CDN to DNS only.
9. Hit Save.
- Make sure to replace yourschool.learnworlds.com with your LearnWolrds school URL.
- Do not include the https:// before your LearnWorlds URL or the / after.
- If you don't want to use a subdomain, but only the naked domain (e.g. without www), you need to add a CNAME that points to your LearnWorlds school URL.
Check if the CNAME Record is Successfully Added
1. Go to Google Admin Toolbox.
2. Insert your domain (without https:// or / at the end). For example, www.yourschool.com or yourschool.com.
3. If the CNAME record is correct, the Learnworlds URL will appear in Target.
Request the Domain's Change in your School Settings
1. Navigate to Site builder → Site Settings → Domain.
2. Type the subdomain you created.
3. Click on Verify Domain → Click on Change Domain.
4. The verification message will appear. Your domain will be ready within the next 48 hours.
- It's really important to change the Proxy status of your record to DNS only as mentioned in step 8. Otherwise, the CNAME record will not appear as correct to be finalized.
- Make sure to select Full SSL and not Full (strict). Check this article for more information.