HubSpot is one of the many Growth tools that our platform is integrated with. It is an inbound marketing and sales software that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and attract customers. It includes all the tools you need to do inbound marketing: email, sites, SEO, Marketing Automation, Landing Pages, Analytics, Social Media, Blogging, and many more.
Setting up Hubspot within your school
1. Go to Settings → Integrations → Growth tools.
2. Activate Hubspot and paste the ID of this integration in the appropriate text field. Your ID is located at the dropdown menu of your account. You can find more information on locating your HubSpot ID here.
3. Click on Save to save your changes.
What information is sent over to Hubspot?
LearnWorlds automatically sends the following custom properties, in order to avoid affecting the names inserted from systems other than the LearnWorlds platform that might be connected with Hubspot:
1. learnworlds_username : the username of the user
2. learnworlds_user_id : a unique string that acts as an identifier for each user
3. learnworlds_optin : a string (of single line text field type) denoting whether the user has opted for receiving promotional material from the client. The property can get one of the following values:
- - , User did not opted in or out (default)
- YES , User opted in
- NO , User opted out
LearnWorlds also sends the user's email.
In terms of leads captured by your school's popups and e-mail grabbers, LearnWorlds provides Hubspot with the First and Last name of the lead and their email. Note that, in order to send the first and last name of the lead to Hubspot, you will need to add the respective fields in your forms.
In case you would like information from your custom sign-up fields to be sent over to Hubspot, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com and inform us about which fields you would like to add so that our team can finalize the process!
Adding the custom properties to your Hubspot account
In order to have the usernames and IDs of your School's users added to your list, navigate from your Admin menu to Contacts and click on Actions → Edit properties.
Click on Create Property.
There, you can add a new custom property, by setting the Label field with the internal ID learnworlds_username. Choose the Object Type, Group and Level and click on Next.
Choose the field type and click on Create.
You can follow the same procedure in order to add the user ID custom property, by adding a new custom property and setting the Label field with the internal ID learnworlds_user_id, or the optin custom property, by adding a new custom property and setting the Label field with the internal ID learnworlds_optin.
You can find more information on how to create a new property here.
Once you create the custom property, navigate back to Contacts, click on Table actions → Edit columns.
Search by using the keyword learnworlds in the search bar, select the respective properties, and click on Apply.
- If you have enabled the GDPR toolkit, your users will need to accept the targeting/ marketing cookies in order for them to be added to your HubSpot contacts upon Sign-Up.
- If you make any changes to an existing user's account, like change their username, the user whose details have changed will need to sign in at least once after you have modified their information in order for the changes to cascade over to your HubSpot contacts.