The User Roles function will help you to easily split your school's assignments into your workforce, available in our Learning Center plans or higher. User Roles are essentially permission sets that control access to multiple sections and features within your LearnWorlds school.
We provide three available Role levels (Administrative, Instructional, Reporting). Βesides the option to create a new user role from scratch, you can use our Predefined ones.
How to create User Roles
There are three different ways to create a new user role:
1. Navigate to Users → User Roles → Create new role
2. Navigate to Users → User Roles → Create Administrative/Instructional/Reporting role.
3. Navigate to Users → User Roles, hover over a predefined or custom role, and create one based on the specific role.
As soon as you create the new role, you have the ability to:
1. Add the Role name.
2. Add the Role Description.
3. Choose the role you wish to start from (predefined or custom one).
On the User Roles page, you are able to create, edit, simulate and compare the User Roles. The Predefined Roles cannot be deleted, however, they can be edited and updated. Hover over each role to edit, create a new role based on this, compare, simulate, and reset to the original. In case, you hover over the custom-created Roles you can edit, create a new one based on this, compare, simulate, and delete them.
Available options of the Predefined Role:
Available options of the Custom Roles:
- In the Admin role, you can only create a new based on this, Compare and Simulate.
- In case a user has been assigned a custom role, you are not able to entirely delete the role. You will first need to re-assign the user to another role.
The Compare section will help you to better control and organize the custom and predefined roles by checking the available permissions on each of them. On the Compare page, you can also edit each role if needed.
By choosing the Simulate option, you can see the aspects of the platform that the specific role has access to, without having access to the actual data (the data that are related to the assigned permissions in the specific role, such as the specific courses which are assigned to the role).
The only thing that remains is to assign a role to a user, by following the steps in our relevant guide: