The User Roles function will help you to split your school's assignments into your workforce easily, available in our Learning Center plans or higher. User Roles are permission sets controlling access to multiple sections and features within your LearnWorlds school.
We provide four available Role levels (Administrative, Instructional, Reporting, and Seat management). Besides the option to create a new user role from scratch, you can use our Predefined ones.
How to create User Roles
There are three different ways to create a new user role:
1. Navigate to Users → User Roles → Create new role
2. Navigate to Users → User Roles → Create Administrative/Instructional/Reporting/Seat management role.
3. Navigate to Users → User Roles, hover over a predefined or custom role, and create one based on the specific role.
As soon as you create the new role, you have the ability to:
1. Add the Role name.
2. Add the Role Description.
3. Choose the role you wish to start from (predefined or custom one).
You can create, edit, simulate, and compare the User Roles on the User Roles page. The Predefined Roles cannot be deleted but can be edited and updated. Hover over each role to edit, create a new role based on this, compare, simulate, and reset to the original. In case you hover over the custom-created Roles you can edit, create a new one based on this, compare, simulate, and delete them.
Available options of the Predefined Role:
Available options of the Custom Roles:
- In the Admin role, you can only create a new based on this, Compare and Simulate.
- If a user has been assigned a custom role, you cannot entirely delete the role. You will first need to re-assign the user to another role.
The Compare section will help you better control and organize the custom and predefined roles by checking their available permissions. On the Compare page, you can also edit each role if needed.
By choosing the Simulate option, you can see the aspects of the platform that the specific role has access to without having access to the actual data (the data that are related to the assigned permissions in the specific role, such as the specific courses which are assigned to the role).
The only thing that remains is to assign a role to a user by following the steps in our relevant guide: