Klarna gives customers a range of payment options during checkout. Available payment options vary depending on the customer’s billing address and the transaction amount. These payment options make it convenient for customers to purchase items in all price ranges.
Customers are redirected to a Klarna page, where they select among multiple payment options at the checkout process. (immediate full payment, payment in installments, or deferred payment). The School admin receives all the amount upfront and the purchaser has the option to pay later or over time. On every sale, Klarna collects from the School admin a small percentage of the sale.
With each option, Klarna immediately pays you in full and handles collecting the amount from your customer. The options offered to the customer include:
Pay in installments
On Stripe is available to all retailers based in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Set up your system to accept Klarna payments through Stripe
1. Enable Klarna as a payment method in your Stripe account. Navigate from your Stripe Dashboard to Settings → Payment methods and enable Klarna.
2. Click on Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway and enable Klarna.
In case the Admin has connected a Stripe account that doesn’t support this payment method (due to country/currency restrictions) the Klarna option will not be visible in LearnWorlds Stripe settings, as available for activation.
Now, you can check how this will appear if someone wished to pay via Klarna.
1. In case the Country field is enabled and required in the Billing Details section, the users should:
- see this payment option available on the payment page, if their country is supported via Klarna.
- see this payment option disabled and upon hover to be informed via a tooltip, that their country is not supported via Klarna. In case you would like to switch the text within this tooltip, you can visit the Site Language section.
2. In case the Billing Details section is not enabled in the school then the user should see this payment option available on the payment page. If they select Klarna, then a country selector dropdown field will be shown, with only the countries that are supported via Klarna and have the same currency as the currency set in the school as available options.
For more information on how to accept Klarna payments through Stripe, you may visit: https://stripe.com/docs/payments/klarna