In case you connected your Vimeo account with LearnWorlds to host your videos, you need to set up the privacy settings of your videos in order for them to be properly loaded on your LearnWorlds site. You need to hide the default Vimeo player in order to allow for the advanced LearnWorlds interactive video player to take over.
You should follow these steps in your Vimeo account:
1. Navigate to your Vimeo Account Settings from the drop-down menu of your Profile icon.
2. Go to Videos → Embed presets and +Add new Preset.
3. Give the name you wish to this preset, e.g. learnworlds-settings-Final, and click on Continue.
4. Scroll down to navigate to the settings of your preset. In the Player Preferences you need to select Always hide for all the options, keep unchecked the checkboxes, and select the option Empty in the After video field like the screenshot below:
5. Navigate to Videos → Upload defaults, and in the Choose embed preset to apply to your videos field select the Preset you have created for LearnWorlds.
Note: If you have already uploaded videos in your account that you would like to use in your LearnWorlds school, make sure to activate the checkbox Also apply to all existing videos under the Choose embed preset to apply to your videos field.
In case you have a custom domain with your school in the Where can your videos be embedded field you have to click Add domain and insert your own domain.
Adding your Vimeo videos in LearnWorlds
If you wish to create a video learning activity and add a Vimeo video to your courses you will need to set your Vimeo videos as Public or Hide from Vimeo and add them in a Video Learning Activity via the Vimeo video ID (Check in this link how to find your Vimeo video ID).
Private Videos: On Vimeo, private video means that only you (and members of your team) can see your video. Password will allow you to add a password for viewers to gain access to your video, including Vimeo and non-Vimeo members.
When creating a Video Learning Activity and your Vimeo video is set as Private instead of adding only the Vimeo ID, copy both the ID and the hash of the Vimeo (private) video in the format VIDEO_ID?h=VIDEO_HASH.
1. Add the Vimeo ID and hash in the Video learning activity, as shown in our respective article.
2. Embed the video by using an Embed Learning Activity with the embed code including the hash:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/VIDEO_ID?h=VIDEO_HASH&color=ffffff&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Note: Not including the privacy hash for a Private video will lead to the video not being available wherever it is embedded.