If an instructor, a reporter, for example, is having technical issues with a school setting, or a learner would like assistance with their course progress and has reached out to your Support Team for a solution to their problem, you can use the "Login as a User" feature to further troubleshoot and replicate their aforementioned case.
How to Login to a student's account
1. To login to a user's account, navigate to the Users → All users page, navigate to the relevant user card and click Manage for the user you wish to impersonate and "Login as a User".
Note: For the schools that have additional user roles (available in our Learning Center plans or higher) this option will be available for the administrative role that has the specific Login as a User permission.
2. You need to confirm that your user is aware of and consents to this action.
3. After troubleshooting, you can exit the student's account by clicking on the Log out from this user button on the banner located at bottom of the page.
- When logging in to your user's account, you have access to all the non-private pages of their account (it is not just a preview). You cannot access their inbox, profile, and community/discussion forums.
- Any action you take will have a permanent effect including time spent on each course and learning activity. In case you have, for example, under the Completion of a learning activity settings the "consider learning activity completed when visited", you will need to take this into consideration while troubleshooting in the student's account.
Who can use this feature
The user roles that can use this functionality are the following predefined roles: Admin, Customer Support, Admin Assistant, or you can enable this permission under any Administrative role (available in our Learning Center plans or higher).
Users that are assigned to Instructional and Reporting Roles cannot use this feature.
Edit Notification Email
You can enable/disable the notification template that a user can receive if you have logged in to their account. For more information, you can check this article.
Note: You can also be notified as an admin when such an action takes place if the "Notify with email → Log in as this User" setting is enabled under Notification Emails → Admin settings.
You can track who has used this feature, by navigating to Reports Center → Events Log → Filter Login as a user or Logout as a user. For more information, you can check here.