Unleash the power of recurring revenue with Subscriptions. Offer subscription packages to your valuable courses and earn more revenue for longer.
1. Go to Marketing → Subscriptions.
2. Click on Create subscription plan. Kindly note that in order to have subscription plans in your LearnWorlds school, you have to choose Stripe as your payment gateway.
3. On the form that appears you can edit your subscription.
a) Name your Subscription plan.
b) Set the price and time interval between billing occurrences.
c) Write your subscription description so learners will know more about the plan.
d) Select which courses will be included in this subscription.
- Don't forget to click on the Add course button.
- If you decide to add more courses to the plan while users are subscribed, they will automatically gain access to them.
e) A subscription can also have a free trial period. You can also disable or enable requesting credit card details when you offer trial days, by navigating to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway → Stripe → Trial with a credit card.
f) You can either keep this subscription as a draft (not accessible to students) for further editing or make it public.
g) You can specify the order in which your subscription plans will appear in your Subscription sections.
h) Don't forget to click on the "Save" button otherwise your changes will be discarded.
4. In the authoring menu of the subscriptions page hover over the Actions column to further edit an already created plan by clicking on Edit properties. Kindly note that once you create a subscription plan you cannot edit the URL, price, or billing interval (you will have to create a new plan).
5. A subscription can become archived by clicking on the Archive subscription, which means that it will not be available anymore for future purchases. Those already subscribed will keep renewing their subscription as well as having access to the plan. If no user is subscribed the plan can also be deleted instead of being archived.
6. You can also edit the page of each subscription by clicking on the Edit subscription page.
- A subscription can also contain private courses which will not be shown to those who have not bought the plan.
- Once you connect your Stripe account and create your subscriptions and installments, you should not connect a different Stripe account, otherwise, you will not be able to receive payments from the learners that purchased a subscription or installment while you had connected the first account.
- If your learners have already activated their subscription, you should NOT change the currency since your existing customers will not be able to pay in the new currency.
- Users can be manually enrolled and unenrolled to subscriptions and the admin defines the duration of subscription access or trial days (the relevant fees are being charged).
- Users can also be manually enrolled to subscriptions for free.
- If a user downgrades their subscription plan, the price difference between the 2 plans will remain as credits in the user's account and will be applied to the subscription price for the next billing cycle/renewal. If you wish, you can refund this amount to the user via your Stripe account.
- Users are not able to subscribe to more than one subscription plan.
Finally, kindly know that according to Stripe policy, when you start processing live payments from your customers with Stripe, you won’t receive your first payout until 7–14 days after receiving your first successful payment. You may find out more here.