For your convenience, in LearnWorlds, you can perform bulk actions to manage your users more easily and faster. One of those actions is Bulk Import and Enroll users into your school.
To Bulk Import and Enroll users in your school:
1. Navigate to Users → All Users.
2. Hover over Bulk actions, and click on Import and enroll users.
3. Prepare your .xls or .xlsx file. Each Bulk action option offers a dynamic and default template as an excel file. You can download it, add the data and re-upload it. The template file contains 3 mandatory columns: Username, Email, Courses, and 2 optional columns: Tags, Password. In the Courses column add the product's ID.
See how to find the product IDs here: How to Find the ID of your Products.
If you have created Custom Sign-up fields, the respective columns will automatically appear in your excel file. In order to add values to the custom fields on your import files, ensure that:
- Date/Birthdate field: The date format must be MM/DD/YYYY
- Checkbox field: Checkbox values can be 1 (string or number) or yes, meaning the checkbox is checked. Anything else is considered false (checkbox unchecked)
- Dropdown and Radio buttons fields: Add any of the options you have added as the possible options of the signup field or leave them empty.
Note: If the Sign-up field is required, this will be reflected in your excel file (Required). In case the fields are required and you have activated sign-up validation rules in the settings, but you don't add a value, the user will not be imported. You need to add value in order for the import to be successful.
Here is an example of how the file should be filled:
4. Specify tags that will be added to all users included in the file. If you have already added these tags to the file, skip this step.
5. Select if you want to update the user's details if the user already exists.
6. Select if you want to enable the validation rules of custom sign-up fields. If you haven't activated validation rules for your custom sign-up fields, remember to add a value, leave the respective field empty (if not required), or obey the validation rules (if required) in the file created.
7. Select if you want to mark the course as complete. For more information about the Mark as complete feature, click here.
8. Choose if you want to send a course completion email to the users.
9. Choose if you want to send a welcome email to the imported users.
10. Optionally, set a Justification (note) for enrollment.
11. Choose if you want to send an enrollment email to the imported users.
12. Add a Name for Users Actions log, to identify the progress of your Bulk action.
13. Click on Import users.
Import Notification Email
As shown above, during Bulk Import and Enroll you can choose to send a Welcome email to the users upon registration/import. This means that the users will receive the When a learner is imported by admin notification email.
If you enable the Mark as complete option, you can select whether to send or not a course completion email to the users.
You can check how to edit the Registration Emails of your school here and Course Emails here.
Enroll Notification Email
You can also choose to send an Enrollment email. This means that the users will receive the relevant Course Email notification email according to the type of the course the users are getting bulk enrolled to.
You will find more information on how to edit the Course Notification Emails of your school in this article.
- Bulk enrollment in Bundles is only available through the Bulk Enroll action.
- To find the record of your Bulk actions, navigate to Report Center → Users Action Log. You can find more about the Users Action Log here.
- It's important not to make any changes to the headers row when downloading the default template. The titles should remain the same and not be re-ordered, renamed or additional added. Otherwise, the upload will not be completed.
- Make sure to clear the format when copy-pasting information in your excel file, such as links on the emails or rich format on font styles. Otherwise, the import will not be completed.