If you have all your users in Azure Active Directory, you may use Azure AD as an authentication provider for your Learnworlds school. All your users will be able to log in by using your Azure AD authentication.
In this article, we will demonstrate the setup process. Based on your infrastructure, you may need to alter some steps.
Create a new application with Azure AD
You will need to create a new application within your Azure AD.
1. Open your Azure portal and navigate to Azure Active Directory.
2. Open the Enterprise applications.
3. Create a New application in Azure.
4. Use Create your own application.
5. Give it a name and select the third option Integrate any other application you don't find in the gallery (Non-gallery).
Set up SAML SSO
Now that your application is ready, you need to set up the SAML SSO to be connected with your Learnwolrds school.
1. Navigate to Single sign-on and select SAML.
2. You will need to add the necessary information on the Basic SAML configuration section. Visit your sign-up settings in your school and copy the following.
Service Provider (SP) URL
|Identifier (Entity ID)|
Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL
|Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL)|
2.1 On your LearnWorlds School, in Site Builder → Sign in/up, under SAML.
2.2 On Azure AD.
3. You need to get the information and add it to your Learnworlds sign-up settings.
|Azure AD Identifier|
IDP Identifier (Entity ID)
Single Logout URL
Identity Provider Certificate
3.1 On Azure AD.
3.2 On your LearnWorlds school, under SAML.
You are all set and ready to test your SSO integration.
- You would need to add the users you want to access the Learnworlds school, and also configure the Azure AD application to meet your needs.
- The changes in the Sign in/up page regarding SSO will have to be made by the LearnWorlds admin.
- If you wish to use our built-in Affiliate Management program, you should consider not using the SSO solution, since it will not be feasible to use this feature and track sales.
- If you're using SAML as an authentication method, it's mandatory to change the Site Navigation settings in the Payment Flow section for Logged-out users, as they will need to sign up/log in before proceeding to the payment page.
- If you select Azure AD the password update/reset functionality will not be available. Also, you need to make sure that in all Payment Sections the Sign in/up form option is set to hide since the user will not be able to sign in/up via the Learnworlds system.
More details about Microsoft's Azure and SSO, in the articles below.