To allow our team to submit your mobile app to Apple's App Store you would need the following:
- An Apple Developer account.
- Grant access to our developer account.
- Locate information needed for setting up your app.
You can find detailed instructions in our following video:
Create an Apple Developer Account (Οrganisation)
If you do not already have an organization developer account, you would need to create one.
You can find more information in this article.
Grant Access to our Developer Account
We would need access to submit your mobile app for App Store review and publish it. You may navigate to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/users in order to add our account firstname.lastname@example.org as a user that has the Admin role and give access to Certificates, Identifiers.
1. Click on the plus widget (+) to add a user
2. Choose the Admin role and Invite (in addition, be sure that Access to Certificates is selected).
Make sure to also check the Access to Cloud Managed Developer ID Certificate permission.
There are also a few extra steps we need from you to complete, as you are the account holder:
1. You will need to navigate here https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ and then select "Users and Access".
2. Then, select "Keys".
3. Finally, click on "Request Access" on the "App Store Connect API".
As soon as you finalize this step please inform us so we can proceed.
Locate information needed for setting up your App
Once you set up your application at your school, you would also be asked to provide the following information:
- App Developer Team ID
- Entity Name
Navigate to https://developer.apple.com/account#MembershipDetailsCard and locate Entity Name and Team ID.
Provide the information to our development team
As you have gathered all the necessary information, the only part of the process left is to add it to your LearnWorlds school, so that our team can access it and proceed with the publication process.
Navigate to Mobile App → Prepare Submissions and choose the App Store tab.
1. Enable the Submit App.
2. Paste your Team ID.
3. Add your Team’s name.
4. The App-Specific Shared Secret will be added by our team.
5. Choose the Store’s language.
Note: You can choose only one language. Thus you should opt-in for your local language or English, so as to reach a wider audience. However, if your school is translated into your local language instead of English, it would be better to choose your target market’s language instead, as your courses will appeal to them only.
6. Set the Copyright holder. As your new application is 100% white labeled, you should add your firm name in this field. If you don’t have a company name, then you can proceed with adding your full name as the copyright holder of your application.
7. Choose your application’s Primary Category. Here, you can choose the primary category of your application, however, you should make sure to abide by the App Store’s rules.
8. Choose your app’s Secondary Category. You can find detailed instructions on how to choose your app’s category along with use case scenarios in this article.
You can choose the translations of your application’s listing in different languages. These translations will apply if the user’s store language is different from your default one. You will need to fill in the necessary fields at least for your store’s language and for any additional languages that you wish these details to be translated to. For languages that you have not provided translations for, your default store language properties will apply.
For every language, you can have different privacy, support, marketing, and promotional URLs or, if you do not have a translated version of them, including your regular ones.
- On the Name field, you will need to add a title similar to your LearnWorlds school name. You can check whether your chosen name is available here: https://www.namecheck.com/en/mobile-apps/
- In the Mobile app full description field, it is very important to be as thorough as possible in describing your school's mobile app and main features.
Fill in the content rating questionnaire.
Lastly, a part of the standard review process of the App Store is to check the application's purpose. Answer the question in English. Try to be as articulate as possible and include all the details necessary for a complete understanding of the matter of the question.
Don’t forget to click on Save before advancing to the next step of the process!
Once you have prepared your iOS app for submission, you will need to create and select a user for app reviewer by following the steps here.