In LearnWorlds, you can choose to assign different User Roles (Administrative, Instructional, Reporting, Seat management), so you control their access to your school (available in our Learning Center plans or higher).
Regarding the Instructional roles, having several Instructor accounts can be very handy in distributing the workload.
How to Add an Instructor
1. Navigate to Users → Ιnstructors and click on Add Instructor.
2. In the popup that appears:
a. Add the Username of the Instructor.
b. Add the email.
c. Assign the "Instructor" role.
Note: Only the Instructor Role can be selected in the Pro Trainer plan. For our Learning Center plans or higher, assigning a predefined or custom-created Instructional Role with certain permissions is feasible. For more information, you check this article.
d. Assign the Courses from the drop-down menu.
e. If the instructor gets a share of the course revenue, you can specify their percentage. Otherwise, you can leave the field empty.
f. Add tags, if needed, to organize your Users better.
g. Allow Marketing Cookies or not, depending on your GDPR settings as well.
h. Apply validation rules or not, according to your Sign-up settings.
3. Click Add Instructor.
- You can also update a user while assigning the Instructor Role.
- An activation e-mail will be sent automatically to the new user, asking them to set up a password for the account.
- A course can have multiple instructors.
- If a course has multiple instructors, videos that are being uploaded to the video library can only be edited by the same instructor who has uploaded them; however, video statistics will be visible to everyone. Videos from other instructors will not be available for editing. Compared with video learning activities, all instructors can further edit those.
Assign a New course to an instructor
There may be a case where you would like to assign new courses to an existing instructor.
1. Navigate to Users → All users, hover over Manage on the instructor you wish, and click on Edit User.
2. Navigate to Users → Instructors, hover over Manage on the instructor you wish, and click on Edit User.
In the popup that appears, click on Add another course under Assigned courses to add a new course or click on the bin if you wish to remove a course.
Note: Schools with the Learning Center plans or higher can also change the Instructor role to a different predefined or custom one under the User Role field.
From the Instructors Tab, you can view:
1. Your current Instructors.
2. Their assigned role.
3. Their latest Login Date.
4. Their assigned courses.
5. The Manage drop-down menu, with options such as deleting the user, resetting the password, etc. For more information, you can click here.
If you want to unassign an instructor, you can only do this by clicking on the Edit User setting from the User Management Page and changing the User Role to a different one (e.g., user). For more information, you can check the steps here.
How to calculate the instructor revenue for course bundles
The revenue share percentages are just for calculations: revenue is automatically calculated for each instructor. If you would like to have a better view of how they are calculated, let's assume that you have a bundle X, and its price is $120. If a user purchases this bundle, they can access courses A, B, and C.
- LearnWorlds calculates the instructor's revenue based on the instructor's percentage fee and on the original price of a course, and no automated payment will take place from within the platform. You will have to handle the payments outside of the platform.
- Revenue is being calculated automatically for each instructor for the course sale, course manual enrollment, and bundle sales; however, instructors will not receive any revenue share for subscription sales.
Permissions available in Instructional Roles
Below you can view the available permissions that an Instructional role can have in your school (available for Pro trainer plans or higher). The permissions mentioned are available only for the courses that are assigned to each instructor.
|View & Manage the live sessions/calendar - live sessions setup|
|Re-order Course Cards|
Edit the Course Layout
Add & Edit Learning Activities and Sections
|Edit the Access settings of the Course|
|Edit the Pricing settings of the Course|
|Edit the Settings tab of the Course|
Edit the Course player
|"The course is completed" event for Zapier/Webhooks|
|Apply Course Player settings to all other courses|
|Edit the Video library of the Course|
|View the Dashboard of the Course|
|View Users of assigned course|
|Import and Enroll Bulk User option|
|View Coupons under Marketing Tools|
|Manage Form Builder for the Course Forms|
|View and Export User Analytics|
|View Course Insights (Learning Center +)||✔️|
|Manage scheduled reports||✔️|
|View Sales and Product Revenues - Cancelled Sales|
|View Activity History|
Manage/View grade book, Manage/View certifications, Manage/View review center, Manage question bank