With our Popup Builder, you are able to create amazing popups, improving the overall experience of your users by adding interactivity. You can utilize this tool to:
- Capture email leads
- Display promotions and sales
- Inform users of a new course or course material
- Show simple notifications or warnings
- Display special offers and coupons
- Display a welcome message to your users
- Launch a video pop up
Note: The popup builder is available for our Pro trainer plans or higher, with an unlimited creation of pop-ups, and for our Starter plans and trial accounts, with the ability to create up to two popups.
Create a Popup
Navigate to Site Builder → Edit School Site, to view the Popup menu option. Click on New Popup, and create a new popup, with a vast variety of options:
Popups are divided into 4 types (Dialog, Sleekbar, Notification, Full page).
Once you select the popup you wish, you can add a name, a category, and set the publication status. Once you are ready, click on Create.
You can preview the created popup on different devices, and within the popup, you can add any widget you like, or drag and drop all the different components.
When creating a popup, you have a popup target goal in mind (for example notify the users of a certain event, or gather the users' emails). Click on the component you wish (for example a button or a form submission field) and specify it as the goal in the Actions tab of your sideform. You can also choose to close the popup once the goal is met.
Click on Popup Settings to enter the Popup editor:
Popup status: Set the popup's publication status.
Appearance: Choose the popup's position on the page, and choose the option of showing the X icon on the created popup.
Target Audience: Set up the target audience for your popups. You can choose the visibility for certain users (All, Logged out, Logged in, and Tagged Users) and devices.
Note: You can find more on how to create and use tags, in our respective article.
Where to show: Select the pages you wish the popup to appear (Entire Site, specific page groups, Blog posts, Course pages, Bundle pages, Subscription pages, and specific pages).
When to show: Set up the triggers for the popup's appearance (including the amount of time after the page loads and the user's inactivity, and the intention of leaving the page).
Rules: Set up the popup's appearance rules (including expiration date and the ability to close the popup automatically after an amount of time).
Background: Choose a background color or image.
Popup Backdrop: Enable the popup's Backdrop and choose its color and opacity.
Popup Properties: Set the popup's name and remove or add Categories.
Note: The popup closes, when:
- you click on the X icon if activated on the Appearance section, in your Popup Editor
- you enable the option in the Actions tab under Popup Context, once you click on a specific component (button or submission form field)
- you click on the Backdrop, once the popup appears
- you enable the Automatically close after option under Rules in the Popup editor
Click on Site Builder → Edit School Site, and click on Popup Manage Popups, to access the popup manager, or click on Site Builder Site Tools Popup Manager. You have the ability to preview and search the created popups, create a new popup, see some of the stats, edit, delete and clone the popup, and be redirected to the popups analytics tab.
Note: You can add popups on any of your school's pages. The option of adding popups in the Course player is currently not available.
Click on Site BuilderSite Tools Popup Manager and click on Popup Analytics in any of your created popups, under Popup Actions. You can also click on Analytics on the top left while editing a popup.
In the Popup Analytics, you are able to see:
- Total views.
- Total conversions. The total number of times the popup has met its target goal. This metric is not unique per user.
- Unique views. The popup’s unique views, namely unique users that viewed the popup.
- Unique conversion rate: The popup’s unique conversion rate, namely unique users that performed the target action.
- Average time open.
- Average time to fulfill.
- Conversion rate. The popup’s conversion rate. Total views / Total conversions.
Here is an example of an Email popup with the On Exit intent trigger.
Note: The leads captured via an email subscription popup, can be found under Marketing Leads from pages.