This is a quick guide on how to use Okta as your Authentication Provider for your Learnworlds school. Based on your setup you might alter these steps to meet your needs.
Create a new application with Okta
1. On the admin console choose Applications → Applications → Create App Integration.
2. Select SAML 2.0 as a Sign-in method.
3. From the sign-in/up LearnWorlds configuration page, copy the corresponding info into your Octa configure SAML tab.
Service Provider (SP) URL
|Audience URI (SP Entity ID)|
Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL
|Single sign-on URL|
3.1 On your LearnWorlds school, in Site Builder → Sign in/up, under SAML.
3.2 On OKTA.
4. Press Next and on the next tab select, I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app and then Finish.
Set up SAML SSO
You need to add the correct setup information to your Learnworlds school.
1. From the application’s Sign-on tab press View Setup Instructions.
2. You will need to copy the following values to your Learnworlds setup.
|Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL|
|Identity Provider Issuer|
IDP Identifier (Entity ID)
Identity Provider Certificate
2.1 On OKTA.
2.2 On your LearnWorlds school, in Site Builder → Sign in/up, under SAML.
You are set to test and enjoy your SAML SSO integration; of course, do not forget to assign users to your new OKTA application.
- The changes in the Sign in/up page regarding SSO will have to be made by the LearnWorlds admin.
- If you wish to use our built-in Affiliate Management program, you should consider not using the SSO solution, since it will not be feasible to use this feature and track sales.
- If you're using SAML as an authentication method, it's mandatory to change the Site Navigation settings in the Payment Flow section for Logged-out users, as they will need to sign up/log in before proceeding to the payment page.
- If you select Okta the password update/reset functionality will not be available. Also, you will need to make sure that in all Payment Sections the Sign in/up form option is set to hide since the user will not be able to sign in/up via the Learnworlds system.