This article is a guide, that includes a video presentation as well, that can be shared with the Seat Managers to assist with their training. We suggest the school admin copy the settings and information they need from this article and offer it to their Seat Managers so that they can get the most out of the Seat Management feature.
Seat Manager Overview
The Seat Manager's role is to manage the product that they are assigned to, which consists of Seats and Courses. They can add and enroll users in bulk, to the product they are assigned to, manage the course enrollments, and monitor the users' progress. They can see the Seats and included Courses, the maximum number of users that can be added, as well as the number of seats that are available for use.
A Seat is a virtual chair and defines the number of users that are allowed to be simultaneously enrolled in the courses and occupy a Seat. This means that the number of users added to the seat could be a lot more than the number of seats available, as the functionality allows multiple turnovers of the seats.
For example, you are managing a product that consists of 50 total seats & a maximum number of 100 users. This enables you to e.g let the first 50 users occupy the 50 seats, remove them and then let another 50 users occupy anew the 50 seats. In total, the manager will allow 100 users to occupy the 50 seats sequentially.
Seat Manager Capabilities
As a Seat Manager you will be able to manage the users added to this product you have been assigned to (e.g., bulk add and enroll users, manage the available seats, manage the user enrollments, and monitor the user progress).
The available capabilities for a manager could be (depending on the permissions that the school administrator has configured):
- View the users in the assigned product (view users' User cards the Profile, Courses, and Activity tabs)
- View the assigned product and view and manage the available Seats
- View and Export the User Analytics
- Manage User Segments
- Manage the Scheduled Reports for the user segments
- View the Activity History of the users that are in this product
- View the Grades of these users
- View the Certifications earned
- View the Assessments of the users in the Review Center
1. Go to Dashboard → Manage Seats or Seat Management → Multiple Seats.
In the Multiple Seats dashboard, you can see the Name, the Total Seats, the Vacant Seats, the Maximum Number of users allowed in the seat, the total course enrollments, and the Courses included in the Seat.
2. Hover over the Actions tab and click on the Manage seats option.
There you can add and bulk add and/or enroll users in the seat (see below), and you can track the:
- Occupying seat status of this user: Never Occupied a seat, Used to Occupy a seat, Currently on Seat.
- Got Seat on: When the user got added to the Seat.
- Last Login
- Currently Enrolled: The courses of the Seat the user is enrolled to.
- Manage tab:
- Add to a Seat
- Remove from a Seat
- Enroll on Courses
- Unenroll from Courses
Add and/or Enroll Users
Hover over the Actions tab and click on the Manage seats option. There you can:
You can add a single user to the Seat Offering and choose if they should occupy a seat or not.
- Add users
- Add & Enroll Users
→ Add users
Hover over Add Users at the top and click on Add Users. Download the excel template (see below) and fill in the user details (username and email) in excel to add users to this specific Seat pool user list.
Important Note: You do not add the users in the seat itself, nor do you enroll them in any course hence these users will not have an occupied Seat or enrollment. You basically just upload the users to the Seat pool list and they don't occupy a seat yet.
Only users that occupy a seat will be able to be enrolled in the courses, so after adding the users to the seat pool if you wish to also add them to the seat and/or enroll them in the courses, you need to hover over the Manage tab and first add them in the seat and then enroll them in the courses.
→ Add & Enroll Users
Hover over Add users at the top and click on Add & Enroll Users. Download the excel template (see below) and fill in the user details (username and email) in excel to add the users for the Seat. They will be added to the Seat and will be enrolled in all of the courses linked to the Seat.
For both the Add Users & Add & Enroll Users bulk actions, you will need to download & upload the Excel template. There is also an option of adding the User password when bulk adding and adding and enrolling users
The file you will upload shouldn't get differentiated from the excel template. Here are some tips to follow:
a. Download the sample file (excel template).
b. Use this template and add the data in the respective default fields. Do not alter the fields or add additional ones. Username and email are required (for "username," you can add a name and surname).
c. Clear Formatting: In the case of copy-paste, keep in mind to copy the cells without any formatting, and since you will be adding emails, make sure they are not added as links.
Note: Ctrl+Shift+V for Windows or Command+Shift+V for Mac would help to clear formatting when copy-pasting.
When the excel file is ready, upload it in the respective field.
Meanwhile, you can track the progress of the bulk action if you go to Reports Center → User action log.
In User Analytics, as a manager you have access to the:
- User Progress & User Segments: Αnalytic engines that allow you to interpret and analyze data about the seat users' progress.
- Scheduled Reports: Α useful tool where you can create, view, edit, delete, or disable scheduled reports.
- Reports Log: Τhis offers an overview of the scheduled reports and allows you to filter their reports by type and date and view the "In progress" and "Upcoming" reports.
In regard to the Exams, as a manager you have access to the:
- Gradebook: Ηelps you keep an online record of their users' grades in exams, assignments, and certifications. You can view, reset, edit their grades, and export assessment results.
- Certifications: The dashboard where you can find all the details related to user-issued certificates.
- Review Center: Τhe tool where you will see users' responses pending for grading and/or feedback.
About the Activity History, as a manager, you have access to:
- Events log: Gives real-time information about the school activity. A great tool to help you keep track of all the important events that take place in regard to the Seat users and offer better support to them.
- Emails log: A reporting tool to track at a glimpse the notification emails being sent automatically to the users upon a trigger e.g, course completion, course enrollment, seat enrollment, etc.
- User action log: Where you can see a record of their Bulk actions and filter results according to the Bulk action type and the Date that the action was performed.