reCAPTCHA is a Google service that helps you distinguish between human and automated access attempts (bots) in your LearnWorlds school.
LearnWorlds integrates with reCAPTCHA v3, which verifies requests with a score to protect you against spam and other types of automated abuse.
Where does the reCAPTCHA Validation Apply to?
The reCAPTCHA validation applies to the following:
- Sign up/in forms and Password Reset forms.
- All Marketing forms that accessed via :
- A shareable link.
- A form widget.
- Contact forms.
- Sign-up fields in the one-click sales funnels.
- All forms are in pop-ups.
- reCAPTCHA is not available in the Mobile Apps.
How to Obtain the reCAPTCHA v3 Keys?
To obtain the keys needed for our reCAPTCHA integration, you must visit this link and log in to the reCAPTCHA admin console with your Google account.
Follow the steps below:
1. As a Label, you need to add your LearnWorlds URL or your custom domain if you have one.
2. In the reCAPTCHA type, choose reCAPTCHA v3 because this is the one we need for our integration.
3. In the Domains field:
- Add your LearnWorlds URL if you don't yet have a custom domain.
- If you have multiple custom domains, you need to add the primary custom domain.
4. Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service.
5. Click on Submit.
Upon submitting, you will see the below SITE & SECRET keys.
Go back to your LearnWorlds school in Site Builder → reCAPTCHA, copy each of the keys, and paste them into the respective field. Click on Save.
You need to make sure that the keys you enter are the correct ones, else this can lead to various errors on the signup and form submission processes.
If you change your Domain, you will need to repeat the process above and add the new keys under Site Builder → reCAPTCHA.
How Will the Users know the Submitted Form is Protected?
When a form is present, the reCAPTCHA icon appears at the screen's bottom right corner.