Cloning a course is a very handy way of re-using and re-purposing your content. You may want to create a premium version of a course (with additional content or including an extra one-on-one session with the instructor). The following steps will guide you on how to search for a course using the Course Manager.
1. Navigate to Courses → Course manager.
2. Hover over the course you wish to duplicate and click on Clone.
3. Provide a title and a friendly URL for your new course and click on Clone course. A new course with the exact same content will be created.
- Make sure to use a unique URL and do not use the same as the original one. This URL cannot be changed at a later date.
- After the duplication, the new course will be in Draft mode so you can navigate to the course's Access and change its status as you wish.
- If the original course has the drip-feed option enabled, you need to set it again for the cloned course.
- The newly cloned course will not have any users enrolled in it.
- In case of duplication of a large course, the process completes asynchronously while you can keep working on your school. In this case, the following notification appears.