You have four options on how to insert audio learning activities in your courses: Upload an mp3 file, embed an audio file from another website, Google Drive or DropBox.
Create the learning activity
1. Create a course.
2. Go to the Contents tab of your created course.
3. Click on Add an activity under the selected section.
4. Click on the Audio option at the Multimedia menu.
5. Give a title to your Audio and click Save.
Select your mp3 file
1. To edit your audio, click on the learning activity and then Settings.
2. You have the option to either Paste the URL of the mp3 file from another website or use:
a. Google Drive, by copying the ID of the shareable URL (the part that has random numbers and letters) and paste it at the end of this link: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id= (Example: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0BtWCGgzK-d0dBbG8yX2JjdFk)
b. Dropbox, by copying the shareable URL. Kindly note that you need to replace the "0" at the end of the URL with "1". Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ismx7sa8cokprwf/1%29%20Week%20%231%3A%20test.mp3?dl=1
3. Or upload an mp3 file from your computer.
4. After clicking on Preview on the audio learning activity, you can check that the audio player automatically takes the color theme of your course player.
5. For uploaded audio from the computer, the player provides a waveform of the audio.
6. When using a URL link, the audio player takes the following appearance:
- Users can use shortcuts in the audio files:
space = play/pause
arrow up/down = volume up/down
arrow left/right = backward 10 sec / forward 20 sec
- In case the Dropbox audio link does not play on mobile devices, make sure you replace the "www.dropbox" with "dl.dropboxusercontent". So if your URL is https://www.dropbox.com/s/ismx7sa8cokprwf/1%29%20Week%20%231%3A%20test.mp3?dl=1 you should change it to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ismx7sa8cokprwf/1%29%20Week%20%231%3A%20test.mp3?dl=1 and the audio will play.