In LearnWorlds, we try to make it as easy as possible to migrate from a different course platform to your LearnWorlds school. You will be up and running in no time, with a school that serves all your existing users and is ready to receive more.
Create your school
- First of all, you need to create your LearnWorlds school here.
- Create and customize your School pages.
Tip: Have a look at the basic steps of how to start building your school here.
Connect your custom domain
If you have purchased a custom domain (e.g. yourschool.com) and you do not want to use the default LearnWorlds subdomain (e.g. yourschool.learnworlds.com), then you can connect your purchased custom domain and replace the LearnWorlds one. For more information on how to create a CNAME or A record, you can check this article.
Create your courses
- You might be selling individual courses, bundles, subscriptions, or installment plans: Pricing choices
Note: It's not feasible to transfer the courses from another platform since each platform has different learning activities.
Connect your Payment gateway
For non-supported integrated payment gateways, you can contact us here for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Import your users
- Edit the email template so that your imported users receive a warm welcome and not a generic message.
- Import the list of users to your new school (Available for our Pro Trainer plan or higher).
Note: It's not feasible to transfer the progress of users from another platform.
Enroll users in courses
- Manually enroll users in their courses.
- If you have a large number of user enrollments, you can bulk enroll them (available on the Learning Center plan or higher).
Note: If you have selected the Starter plan, enrollment fees might apply for course enrollments.
Importing subscribers from Stripe [Paid service]
If your existing school (or membership site) uses Stripe subscriptions and you have active subscribers, then we might be able to help as well. We can assign your existing subscribers to new subscription plans (which will correspond to a set of courses). The users would be assigned to the subscription but not charged yet. Instead, they are given a trial period until the next renewal date. When the trial period has ended, the system will request the users to enter their credit card details to continue with the subscription.
In this case, these are the steps you need to follow:
1. Set up Stripe as one of your payment gateways in LearnWorlds.
2. Create your new subscription plans in LearnWorlds (see how here).
3. Import your users/subscribers to LearnWorlds (see how here).
4. Send us a list (.xls file), containing all your currently active subscribers that you wish to bulk enroll. We will make sure that each one of them gets enrolled in the indicated LearnWorlds subscription plan.
The .xls file should contain the following columns:
3. LearnWorlds' subscription plan ID.
4. Next renewal date, under yyyy-mm-dd format (ex. 2022-01-17)
5. Add tags. If you want the user to be added in more than one tags, the tags should be separated by the semicolon ";" without spaces.
- For subscribed users: Users will be assigned a number of trial days, based on their subscription’s next renewal date, thus getting charged the date they normally would. In order for them to authorize their new subscription charge, they will need to insert their billing information from within their Account page.
- For school admin(s): You should cancel your users' old subscription plans before the next renewal date, to avoid double charging your users.
Note: LearnWorlds does not provide the feasibility to migrate your existing Stripe subscriptions to LearnWorlds.
Subscriptions' migration is a paid service. You will need to contact us at email@example.com for additional information.