In this article, you can find more information on how to create and offer subscription packages to your courses and earn more revenue for longer.
In order to host subscription plans in your LearnWorlds school, you have to integrate Stripe as your payment gateway.
How to Create a Subscription Plan
1. In your LearnWorlds school, go to Marketing → Subscriptions.
2. Click on Create subscription plan.
3. On the form that appears you can edit your subscription.
a) Name your Subscription plan.
b) Set the price and time interval between billing occurrences.
c) Write your subscription description so learners will know more about the plan.
d) Select which courses will be included in this subscription.
e) A subscription can also have a free trial period. You can also disable or enable requesting credit card details when you offer trial days, by navigating to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway → Stripe → Trial with a credit card.
f) You can either keep this subscription as a draft to edit it at your own pace (not accessible to students) or make it public. If you proceed in publishing a subscription and then decide to convert it back to draft, already enrolled users will still keep access to it.
g) You can specify the order in which your subscription plans will appear in your Subscription sections.
h) Don't forget to click on Save.
- Free courses cannot be included in a subscription plan.
- The subscription plan's price cannot be set to $0.
- Don't forget to click on the "Add course" button.
- If you decide to add more courses to the plan while users are subscribed, they will automatically gain access/synced to them.
- If you change the number of trial days of a subscription, this will not affect the remaining trial days of the registered users.
How to edit the Subscription Layout Page
Each subscription plan has its own Subscription layout page. You can edit the layout page of each subscription plan by clicking on the Edit subscription page. They're like on every other page of your school you can add Sections and Widgets to make your subscription layout page more attractive and informative.
Subscription Layout Templates
After creating your subscriptions it is time to make them available for purchase. To do so you just need to add a Subscriptions section on any page of your school where you wish to demonstrate your available subscription plans. You will find all the necessary information in this article: How to Customize the Subscription Page - Subscription Sections.
- When an admin creates a subscription plan in LearnWorlds, then it will be synced to Stripe. The other way around, creating a subscription plan in Stripe, will not sync it to LearnWorlds.
- A subscription can also contain private courses which will not be shown to those who have not bought the plan.
- Once you connect your Stripe account and create your subscriptions and installments, you should not connect to a different Stripe account, otherwise, you will not be able to receive payments from the users that purchased a subscription or installment while you had connected the first account.
- If your users have already activated their subscription, you should NOT change the currency since your existing customers will not be able to pay in the new currency.
- Users can be manually enrolled and unenrolled to subscriptions and the admin defines the duration of subscription access or trial days (the relevant fees are being charged).
- Users can also be manually enrolled to subscriptions for free.
- If a user downgrades their subscription plan, the price difference between the 2 plans will remain as credits in the user's account and will be applied to the subscription price for the next billing cycle/renewal. If you wish, you can refund this amount to the user via your Stripe account.
- Users are not able to subscribe to more than one subscription plan.
- When purchasing a subscription, the card of the user needs to be stored in your Stripe account for upcoming recurring payments. Since this part of the process is not a transaction, the amount displayed in the card authentication and 3D secure will be 0. If the user's bank approves this procedure, then the card will be charged the actual amount of the subscription.
- If you plan to sell only subscriptions according to this article, courses still need exemplary pricing while creating them. Alternatively, they cannot be added to a subscription plan while their price is still 0. This will not affect in any way the final pricing in, which will be available via the Subscription payment page.
- According to Stripe policy, when you start processing live payments from your customers with Stripe, you won’t receive your first payout until 7–14 days after receiving your first successful payment. You may find out more here.
You can find out more on how to manage your created subscription plans, in our respective article.