How to Import Questions to an Assessment from an XLS File
TIP: The description of the tip...
NOTE: The description of the note...
Corporate & High Volume
Are you an existing customer but do not see the new Assessment Builder yet? Don’t worry we expect to release it to everyone by the beginning of July.
If you have created a new Assessment learning activity and you would like to import questions from your desktop via an excel file, then you need to:
1. Click on Add question → Import Questions on your learning activity.
2. Select the third option "From XLS".
3. Click on the Download XLS template and unzip the file in order to edit the excel file.
4. On the 1st tab, you need to read the instructions carefully.
5. On the 2nd tab, you can view examples of how the questions should be organized.
6. On the 3rd tab named "Questions", you must place the questions you want to import.
Please note that you must not rename the tab or change any of the column names, otherwise the import process will fail.
7. As soon as the file is ready, you can upload it and then click Import.
- Only assessment-type questions can be imported through an XLS or XLSX file. The questions supported are: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answers, True / False, Dropdown, Short Text, Assignment, and File Assignment.
- You can also import questions from a Question Bank or from other assessments.