To enable your users to purchase your courses from within your iOS Mobile App, you will need to make sure to set up the in-app purchases associated with your app correctly. To set up your app to be able to receive In-app purchases, complete the following steps.
First time enabling in-app purchases from this account
If it is your first time enabling in-app purchases from this Apple connect account, you will need to provide Apple with your bank account details as well as fill in the necessary tax forms.
1. Log in to your App Store Connect account and click on Agreements, Tax and Banking.
Note: If this is your first time visiting this page, you will be prompted to agree to the Terms by entering your legal business entity details. Also, you will need to accept Apple’s paid apps agreement.
2. Click on Set Up Tax, Banking and Contacts.
3. Click on Add Bank Account and fill in your Bank Account’s details.
4. Agree to the disclaimer and click on Add.
Note: After adding your Bank account details, Apple will need to cross-check and process this information. The processing will be completed within 24 hours.
5. Then, you will need to click on Complete Tax Forms.
The tax forms and the options that you must fill in, depend on your country of residence as well as specific details about your business.
How to create an in-app purchase
1. Upon the completion of your tax forms, you will need to fill in the contact information for various departments of your business. Click on the boxes and fill in the information required.
2. Νavigate back to the App Store Connect and click on My Apps. Then, click on your App.
3. Click on In-App Purchases, under Features, and click on the (+) icon to add a new in-app purchase.
The first in-app purchase will need to be submitted with a new version of your app, however, following this, you can add in-app purchases freely without the need to resubmit your application.
a. As what you will be selling is courses, you should opt-in for Non-Consumable. Purchasing a subscription is not available through the app.
b. Enter a reference name to your product (this will not be publicly available but only visible within your account) as well as the product’s ID.
To find the product ID of your course you need to navigate to the course Settings tab:
Pricing Tiers: You can find out more about the different pricing tiers, here.
4. Fill in the name and the description of the in-app purchase in different languages. You can add more languages by clicking on Add Localization.
5. You will need to provide some review information in order for the in-app purchase to be approved. For this reason, you will need to provide Apple with the course's image as well as a thorough description of it along with instructions on how to reach the in-app purchase.
Go ahead and click on Save.
Attention! After creating the in-app purchase you should make sure not to delete it because Apple does not allow the same product ID to be added in another in-app purchase (even if the other one has been deleted). It is mandatory for the product ID to match your course ID, thus you should make sure not to delete but only edit the in-app purchase upon creation.
Lastly, navigate to Mobile app → Launch App in your LearnWorlds school, and in the App Store field click on Continue.
- The same process should be followed even if you offer free courses as well, by adding a zero price.
- Subscriptions, Bundles, and Installments are not supported for in-app purchases.
- It is feasible to add courses after the iOS app is live. Both Paid and Free courses will need to be set up as In-App Purchases to be available from within the App.
- In order to offer free sections in a Paid course, the specific course will need to be added as an In-App purchase. Once the course is added, the users will be able to view the free sections before purchasing.
- Currently, we do not support App Store Promotions so please make sure to not enable this option. However, this is a feature that is coming soon with a future release.