Active Campaign is a strong marketing automation platform with which you can sync your school users and leads with your email lists and also take advantage of the benefits of e-mail marketing and increase your school's conversion rates.
Set up your Active Campaign account
Learnworlds lets you sync to Active Campaign, two distinct LearnWorlds groups: registered Users and Leads. For that reason, it provides you with the option to sync them to different Active Campaign lists.
An optional step is to add Custom Fields to your Lists in order to make your campaigns even more targeted. Check this article for the detailed process. You can find out more about Custom Fields below:
A. User Custom Fields: Υou are able to sync with Active Campaign the following rich user information stored in LearnWorlds:
- General custom fields are populated as a result of the user’s activity.
- Custom sign-up fields are collected upon the user’s registration.
- UTM parameters.
B. Leads Custom Fields: LearnWorlds allows syncing the information set for each lead, with Active Campaign. This information is a mix of activity and systemic fields, populated as a result of the lead’s activity while subscribing from within email grabbers.
- To sync any of these fields, you need to first create the corresponding custom fields in the lists you have selected to sync your users and leads with Active Campaign.
- New custom fields/Merge tags will appear after the creation of Custom Sign up fields and tags created from a Newsletter section (email grabber section).
Connect your Active Campaign account
1. Click on Settings → Integrations → Email marketing.
2. Click on Active Campaign and check the Activate box. Two new fields will appear under ActiveCampaign API key and ActiveCampaign API Url.
3. In order to fill these fields, go to your ActiveCampaign account and navigate to Settings → Developer. Copy the API key and API Url:
4. Return to your school, paste the key and URL to the respective field, and click Save.
Select your Active Campaign lists
You can select the Active Campaign lists created for your users and leads captured on your pages (through email grabbers sections).
Sync your contacts with Active Campaign
As soon as you have selected your lists all you need to do is click on Sync your contacts with Active Campaign. Use the Sync your contacts to Active Campaign button every time you select a new list to sync your school’s Users and/or Leads with.
Use the Update Lists button, every time you need to make available the latest list changes in LearnWorlds.
Note: Your users and the changes in their data are synchronized automatically, in real-time. However, if you add tags via an excel file, as shown in our respective article, or if you add tags after a mass import of users to your online school the user tags will not be synced with your Active Campaign account.
When a user (or you, on behalf of the user), performs an action in LearnWorlds, the latter will automatically apply an action-specific tag to that user in Active Campaign.
Auto-tagging is available for the following actions:
- User enrolls to a product: A product can be any course (paid, free, or with payment plan), bundle or subscription. The action will also be triggered by manual enrollments.
- User previews a free section of a paid course.
- User is awarded a certificate.
- User completes a course.
- User is a paying customer: The lw-paying-customer tag is applied to any user who has purchased at least one course.
You can review the terminology mentioned in Active Campaign's glossary.
Note: You can integrate with more than one email marketing platform if you have different forms and campaigns on each one of them!