Integrating your school with AWeber will give you access to powerful e-mail marketing and autoresponder tools, with which you can easily create automated campaigns and convert your leads to your new school learners, by synchronizing them to your e-mail lists. More specifically, we provide you with the option to synchronize your registered users’ and leads’ information, maintained in your LearnWorlds school, to your AWeber lists.
Setup your AWeber Account
If you are new to AWeber, all you need to do is follow the next steps, to make sure that you will have a seamless experience when integrating the platform with your School.
Learnworlds lets you sync to AWeber two distinct LearnWorlds groups: registered Users and Leads. For that reason, it provides you with the option to sync them to different AWeber audiences.
The user information in LearnWorlds that sync by default with AWeber is Full Name (First Name and Last Name) and Email. If you wish to further personalize your email campaigns with Users’ / Leads’ dynamic content you can add extra Custom Fields to your lists. You can find out more about Custom Fields below:
A. User Custom Fields: Υou are able to sync with AWeber the following rich user information stored in LearnWorlds:
- General custom fields are populated as a result of the user’s activity.
- Custom sign-up fields are collected upon the user’s registration in your school.
- UTM parameters.
You can view in detail more information by clicking on the "See available custom fields" option.
B. Leads Custom Fields: Learnworlds allows syncing the information set for each lead in your school with AWeber. This information is a mix of activity and Custom fields, populated as a result of the lead’s activity while subscribing from email grabbers and UTM fields.
- To sync any of these fields, you need to first create the custom fields in the lists you have selected for your users and leads in AWeber.
- New custom fields will appear after the creation of new Custom Sign-up fields and tags created from the Newsletter sections (email grabber section).
Connect your AWeber account with LearnWorlds
Since your AWeber Account and Lists are ready, now you can integrate them with your school.
1. Click to Settings → Integrations → Email marketing.
2. Click on the AWeber tab and then check the Activate box.
3. Click on Connect to AWeber:
4. After clicking the button you will be redirected to a new page where you should insert your Aweber account credentials (Login Name, Password) and click on the Allow Access button.
5. After successfully connecting AWeber with your school, you will then be directed back to the AWeber integrations page.
Select your AWeber lists
You have the option to import your registered users to an AWeber list and add all of your leads captured on your pages (through email grabbers sections) to a separate (or even the same) list. Your leads will automatically be added to the selected AWeber list once they submit their e-mail.
Sync your contacts with AWeber
As soon as you have selected your lists, all you need to do is click on Sync your contacts with AWeber. Use the Sync your contacts to AWeber button every time you select a new Audience to sync your school’s Users and/or Leads with.
Use the Update Lists button every time you need to make available the latest Audience changes in LearnWorlds.
Note: Your users and the changes in their data are synchronized automatically, in real-time. However, if you add tags via an excel file, as shown in our respective article, or if you add tags, after a mass import of users to your online school, the user tags will not be synced with your AWeber accounts.
When a user (or an admin, on behalf of the user), performs an action in LearnWorlds, which triggers LearnWorlds, then automatically an action-specific tag will be applied to that user in AWeber.
Auto-tagging is available for the following actions:
- User enrolls in a product: A product can be a course (paid one-off or with payment plan), bundle, or subscription. The action will also be triggered by manual enrollments.
- User previews a free section of a paid course.
- User is awarded a certificate.
- User completes a course.
- User is a paying customer: The lw-paying-customer tag is applied to any user who has purchased at least one course.
According to AWeber Glossary, take a few moments to review the terminology we use to discuss audiences and Custom Fields.
Lists: A collection of contacts and audiences, along with their profile details, preferences, and other data.
Custom fields: A place where specific contact details are stored, like a cell in a spreadsheet.
Tags: A unique, text-based identifier that corresponds to the data in an audience field.
Dynamic content: The personalized or otherwise unique content that's inserted into a campaign by a Custom Field.
Note: You can integrate with more than one email marketing platform if you have different forms and campaigns on each one of them!