Tags are a useful and easy way to manage your users. You can create and add tags to your users in order to further categorize them. It’s especially useful for corporate training where you might split your users into different groups of customers or teams within a company. Tags can be added in five ways:
Add tags to a user
This method is ideal in order to add tags to specific users and not for mass tagging.
1. Go to Users, select All users and click on the user’s username.
2. Click on the See all tags link and choose one of the existing tags or type a new one (when you type a new tag, don’t forget to press Enter in order to create it).
Use an Excel file
This method is ideal in order to mass tag your users.
1. Go to Users, select All users and click on the Tag users option under Bulk actions.
2. You can upload an Excel file with the users’ emails and the tags you want to create (a sample Excel file is provided in your school).
3. In case you choose the “Overwrite tags” option, the existing tags will be removed from the specific users and the new tags will be added.
Update existing tags
1. Upload an Excel file with the users’ emails (you can also use the sample Excel file and leave the tags column blank).
2. Click on the See all tags link.
3. Select the tags you want to add to the learners included in the Excel file.
4. Click on the Add tags button.
5. In case you choose the “Overwrite tags” option, the existing tags will be removed from the specific users and the new tags will be added.
Tag users via your User Segments
1. Go to Report Center and select the User Segments menu.
2. Apply your search filters.
3. Click on Add tags.
4. Choose one of the existing tags or type a new one (when you type a new tag, don’t forget to press Enter in order to create it).
Add tags via custom Sign-up fields
When you create a custom field in your sign-up form, you can select to add the user input as a tag. This option is available if you choose Dropdown or Radio buttons as the custom field’s type.
The tag is created according to the following format: Data Key_sign up field tittle_user choice.
Add tags via the Payment Sections
Add tags via the Marketing Forms
You can also tag your users with a specific tag after they complete a survey/marketing form. This is available under the "After submission" on the authoring mode of the surveys. You can find more information here.
You can also add tags to the "choice" and "rating" type of questions in the surveys.
How to use tags
User tags can be used:
a. In User Progress & User Segments: This way, you can filter, sort your results, and, of course, export the relevant data from the User Progress & User Segments menu.
b. In Sections and widgets visibility: With tags, you can choose sections or specific widgets which will be visible only to users with the respective tag.
1. Click on the section or element you want to modify.
2. Click on the Actions tab.
3. Select the preferred tags to add in the Visibility option.
c. In Popups' visibility: With tags, you can choose to display specific popups, to users with the respective tag.
Note: Once a tag is removed from every user that is assigned, it will be totally removed from All Users and your Site Builder. However, it will not be removed from the Reports Center, since it is crucial for the best management of your school analytics.