Tags are a useful and easy way to manage your users. You can create and add tags to your users to categorize them further. It’s especially useful for corporate training, where you might split your users into different groups of customers or teams within a company. Tags can be added in the following ways:
Add tags to a user
This method is ideal for adding tags to specific users and not for mass tagging.
1. Go to Users, select All users and click on the user’s username.
2. Click on the See all tags link, choose one of the existing tags, or type a new one (when you type a new tag, don’t forget to press Enter to create it).
Use an Excel file
This method is ideal for mass tagging your users.
1. Go to Users, select All users and click on the Tag users option under Bulk actions.
2. You can upload an Excel file with the users’ emails and the tags you want to create (a sample Excel file is provided in your school).
3. If you choose the “Overwrite tags” option, the existing tags will be removed from the specific users, and the new tags will be added.
Update existing tags
1. Upload an Excel file with the users’ emails (you can also use the sample Excel file and leave the tags column blank).
2. Click on the See all tags link.
3. Select the tags you want to add to the learners included in the Excel file.
4. Click on the Add tags button.
5. If you choose the “Overwrite tags” option, the existing tags will be removed from the specific users, and the new tags will be added.
Add tags via your User Segments
1. Go to Report Center and select the User Segments menu.
2. Apply your search filters.
3. Click on Add tags.
4. Choose one of the existing tags or type a new one (when you type a new tag, don’t forget to press Enter to create it).
Add tags via custom Sign-up fields
When you create a custom field in your sign-up form, you can select to add the user input as a tag. This option is available if you choose Dropdown or Radio buttons as the custom field type.
The tag is created in the following format: Data Key_sign up field tittle_user choice.
Add tags via the Payment Sections
You can add tags to users via your Payment sections on your Payment page and via 1-click sales funnels.
Add tags via the Marketing Forms
You can also tag your users with a specific tag after they complete a survey/marketing form. This is available under the "After submission" on the authoring mode of the surveys. You can find more information here.
You can also add tags to the "choice" and "rating" types of questions in the surveys.
Add tags via the Qualification Form
You have the option to add tags to users who submit the Qualification Form.
Add tags via the NPS Form
You have the option to add tags to your users who submit the NPS form within the NPS data collection period.
Add tags via the Assessment Builder
With the assessment builder, you can tag users based on their responses, after they submit an assessment and after they pass an assessment.
How to use tags
User tags can be used:
a. In User Progress & User Segments: This way, you can filter, sort your results, and, of course, export the relevant data from the User Progress & User Segments menu.
b. In Sections and widgets visibility: With tags, you can choose sections or specific widgets which will be visible only to users with the respective tag.
1. Click on the section or element you want to modify.
2. Click on the Actions tab.
3. Select the preferred tags to add to the Visibility option.
c. In Popups' visibility: With tags, you can choose to display specific popups, to users with the respective tag.
d. In the Site Navigation, to offer the option of different after-login pages for a school based on the user tags.
- There is no limitation on tags, you can have unlimited tags.