Although a refund cannot take place through LearnWorlds, we can show you the steps to move forward with a refund request. Regardless of the Payment Gateway that has been connected to your school, you need to manually unenroll the users from the course first.
1. If Stripe is your school’s Payment Gateway, go to your Stripe Dashboard.
2. On the Payments page, click on the three dots icon on the right of the payment and select Refund payment.
3. By default, the system will have ready the details for a full refund however you have the ability to also partially refund the payment.
4. You will have to choose a reason for the refund. Kindly note that in case you select Other, you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
5. After having added all the needed info click on the Refund button. The refund will appear in the customer’s statement after 5-10 days.
Depending on the refund type, the respective tag will be added to each payment.
You have also the option to verify the refund details by clicking on the respective payment in the payment list.
In the case of a partial refund, you will be able to refund more money (if you are requested to by your customer) just by following the same steps.
If you have connected your LearnWorlds school with Paypal, then you can refund a specific payment either within 180 Days of Payment or 180 Days after the transaction.
Refunding Within 180 Days of Payment
1. Log in to your PayPal business account.
2. Click on the Activity tab and in the Filters panel click on the Payments Received.
3. Click on the Transaction you want to refund, in order to open the Transaction Details.
4. Click on the Refund this payment button.
5. Add the amount to be refunded in the "Total Refund Amount" field, a "Note to the buyer" if you wish, and then click on Issue Refund.
Note: If there is no “Issue refund” option next to the payment, that probably means that the payment is not refundable since there have passed more than 180 days after the transaction.
Refunding After 180 Days
1. In the topbar, select Send & Request and then Send.
2. After adding the needed info of the account to which you wish to send the refund, click on Next.
3. Add the desired refund amount and a note informing about the purpose of the transaction, then click Continue to complete the refund.