Although a refund cannot take place through LearnWorlds, we can show you the steps to move forward with a refund request.
Regardless of the Payment Gateway that has been connected to your school, proceed within your LearnWorlds school to the user un-enrollment from the course which will be refunded to them.
1. On the Payments page, click on the three dots icon on the right of the payment and select Refund payment:
By default, the system will have ready the details for a full refund however you have the ability to also partially refund the payment.
2. You will have to choose a reason for the refund.
Note: In case you select Other, you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
3. After having added all the needed info click on the Refund button. The refund will appear in the customer’s statement after 5-10 days.
Depending on the refund type, the respective tag will be added to each payment.
You have also the ability to verify the refund details by clicking on the respective payment in the payment list.
In the case of a partial refund, you will be able to refund more money (if you are requested to by your customer) just by following the same steps or by clicking on Refund more.
If you have connected your LearnWorlds school with Paypal, then you can refund a specific payment either within 180 Days of Payment or 180 Days after the transaction.
Refunding Within 180 Days of Payment
1. Log in to your PayPal business account.
2. Open the Summary page and in the Recent Activity panel click on the Payments received link.
3. Click on the Payment to be refunded in order to open the Transaction Details page opens.
4. Click on the Issue a refund button.
5. Add the amount to be refunded in the "Refund Amount" field, a "Note to the buyer" if you wish, and then click on Continue.
Note: If there is no “Issue refund” option next to the payment, that probably means that the payment is not refundable since there have passed more than 180 days after the transaction.
Refunding After 180 Days
1. In the Tools drop-down menu select the Send Money option:
2. Click on Send money to friends and family.
3. After adding the needed info of the account to which you wish to send the refund, click on Next.
4. Add the desired refund amount and a note informing about the purpose of the transaction, then click Continue to complete the refund.