In LearnWorlds you can organize your courses by categories. This helps learners easily filter courses through your catalog and locate the desired content. Below we describe how to add categories to your school's courses and how students can filter courses by categories.
1. Go to your Courses menu, locate the course and visit the course's Settings.
2. Find the Course categories field, type a category, and press enter. You will also get the option to choose from any existing category that has been previously entered on other courses.
3. When you are done adding categories, click on the Save button, and a new category will be created and assigned to your course.
4. Once you add a Course Section to any page of your school the new category will display for your learners under the Categories drop-down menu.
If you wish you can show within your course section only courses that are included in a specific category. Edit the course cards, in the Show Courses field select By category and choose which category of courses you wish to display.
What is more, if you decide that you don't wish to have any Category for your courses click on Edit Course cards, scroll to the Filters field on the right-side panel, and enable/disable the By Category filter.
Note: If you add category/categories to non-public courses (e.g Coming Soon, Private, Draft, etc) then the respective categories assigned to this type of course, will not reflect in the Course Section page template.
1. Go to each course's Settings tab that has the respective course category.
2. In Course categories, delete the category's tag.
3. As soon as the tag is removed from all assigned courses, the category is deleted from the drop-down list in the Course Cards