Just like in any social network, each user (admin, instructor, learner) in your school can have their personal Profile page, which is visible to all the school users. To activate it, navigate to Settings → Learning Apps → Apps Configurator → Profile App, and we will show you in this article all the possible options in a school where all Profile features are activated.
1. To access the profile page you can click on the dropdown menu of your topbar under Me → Profile, or from any Profile button, you have added in your topbar.
2. On the profile page, users can see information related to their school activity (depending on the enabled school settings as well).
3. At the top of the profile page, the user can find information such as the number of enrolled courses, the total time spent in the school, the number of posts, and the number of achievements.
4. Under the About tab, a list of achievements such as awarded certificates, badges, and enrolled courses are displayed.
- Professional Experience: Users can add their experience by clicking on the Edit Button (according to step 6).
- Certificates: The user can easily download their certificates in a pdf file, just by clicking on each one of them.
- Badges: If the Gamification Engine is activated in the school, users can view their badges.
- Courses: All the purchased courses will be displayed.
- Network: All the “Followers” or “Following” profiles related to the user will be depicted.
5. Activity: Any published posts or comments and all the community activity (likes, Best of, polls), are collected in a user’s Profile Page, in the “Activity” tab. This info is also visible to all the school users.
6. Edit button: All users can add their preferred information on their profile page and also manage their privacy settings by clicking on the “Edit” button. After doing so a window will pop up, in which the user can navigate to the respective tab to further edit their data. Through this window, the user’s account Avatar can be changed by clicking on the image at the top right corner.
a. General: The users can change their account name, email, location, or add their personal website.
- Only the location and the website will be displayed on the Profile Page.
- If you are an admin with the LearnWorlds account, you can change your email under the User Management Page.
b. Professional Experience: The users can add their Bio or any kind of professional details they would like to promote on their Profile page.
c. Social: Adding any personal social media URL can help a user expand their network and better connect with other school users out of the school environment. Anyone visiting their Profile page will be able to click on the social button and visit the respective profile page.
Note: By adding Social links while editing the information on their Profile page, the respective icon will also appear in the Profile Page.
d. Change Password: All users, apart from admins with a LearnWorlds account, are able to change their password through the “Change password” tab. They can also change the password from the Sign-in/up form.
e. Privacy settings: The users can opt-in or out of the Functional, Analytical, Marketing Cookies, can activate/deactivate the school's email notifications, and also decide how to handle their personal data in the school. They can also delete their account permanently.
Note: Depending on the Privacy/GDPR settings of the school, some options or even the whole tab “Privacy Settings”, can be excluded from the pop-up window.