Ιn LearnWorlds, users can see, follow, contact other users and visit their profiles. By enabling the People directory app, make the People page activated in order for users to visit it. In this guide, you will find more information about the People directory app, essentially the way you can activate it and how you can add it as an option to your pages.
Navigate to Settings → Learning Apps → Apps Configurator to activate the People directory app.
After enabling this feature:
1. You can add the People directory app as an option in the Topbar, button, or any other element.
2. The Learners tab will be visible within the course player. The Learners tab appears only if you have activated the People directory app.
Ιf you wish to activate the People directory app, but not show the Learners tab in a specific course/courses, you can navigate to the Course player tab of the respective courses and disable the Show all the course learners option.
3. Your users will be able to follow other users.
4. Users can send direct messages to other users if the respective Community Access setting is enabled.
How to Add the People Directory App in the Topbar
1. Click on the Topbar navigation menu, for the sideform to appear.
2. Create a new link, by following the steps here.
3. Choose the Apps → People on click action.
When users try to access the People app, they will be redirected to the relevant page, with /people at the end of the school URL. The description of the User Card can be added in the Professional Experience section while editing each user's Profile.
How to Follow/Unfollow Users
To follow or unfollow other users, your users will need to:
1. Navigate to the People app page.
2. Choose the users they would like to follow or unfollow (150 user profiles will be randomly displayed).
3. Click on Follow or Unfollow.
After following other users, they will be able to access other users' Profile pages, contact them, find more information, and track their Progress and Community posts activity.
A user after following other users of your school has also the possibility to report them if they want to.
- Users can also follow other users via the Community feature.
- You can hide the Network section on the Profile page, by following the instructions here.