To customize your Mobile App, follow these steps:
1. Log In to your school account and navigate to the Mobile App tab.
2. Select the Customize your App option under Prepare your App.
Each tab allows you to view and/or change different aspects of your App.
In the Colorscheme tab, you can view how your App looks while making changes to it. You can choose your app's primary and secondary color, the app theme (dark/light), and the button text color.
In the Name Icon tab, you can change your App name and upload your very own App Icon image.
- The image must come with colored background, and its dimensions should be 1024 x 1024.
- The app’s name should not contain inappropriate language or special/ accented characters (example: . , # ! & @ $). Only use Latin characters in the app’s name.
You can preview the result on the phone screen located on this page in both Android and iOS (round and square icon version).
In the Splash screen, you can upload a different logo or banner and change its background color. This will be the first screen your users view upon starting your App.
Note: Ensure that the image is at least 500px X 500px.
In the Onboarding tab, you can add slides that will essentially introduce your users to your App and what they can do in it. It is recommended to use the Onboarding screens as they help users better understand your content. Enable the Onboarding screens feature and create as many onboarding slides as you like!
Note: If you decide to enable the skip button, your users will be able to continue directly to your app without checking out your onboarding slides.
Elements of an Onboarding slide
1. Your Onboarding slide’s image.
By clicking on Upload you can choose an image from your computer, use an already uploaded one from your Image Gallery, use a free image from the Free Pics tab, grab a picture with your camera, and many more!
2. Title and Description
These are the fields where you will need to provide the necessary instructions for the user.
3. Preview your results!
The onboarding screen is dynamically updated so that you can visualize the results before publication.
4. Need more slides?
Click on Add slide to add a new slide to your app.
- To delete a slide, you can click on the exit icon while hovering your mouse over this slide. You can drag and drop the slides to change their sequence.
- If any of the fields are omitted, the slide will be ignored and not published in the app.
- GIF files are not supported as onboarding screen images.
Sign in / Sign up
In the Sign in / Sign up Screen, you can select a logo for your login screen. The logo is placed on top of the login fields.
Note: The size of the image should be at least 500px X 500px.
In the Translations tab, you can customize the mobile UI texts to match your own audience and/or your preferred language.
- If you would like to remove a text, you can add whitespace in the respective field (by pressing the Space button). This way, the specific text will not appear in your school.
- The number of the text characters should be about the same for the translated text (it should not exceed the number of the default text by a lot).
After you have finalized your work, it’s time to test your App. To achieve this, follow the steps in our relevant article.