This article will help you set your custom domain in some of the most popular domain providers in just a few clicks. You can add your own domain in 3 steps: create the subdomain, check if the CNAME record is valid, and request the change in your school's settings, in order for our team to finalize the process.
Create the subdomain
1. Log in to your account at https://panel.dreamhost.com.
2. Click on Domains → Manage Domains.
3. Click on DNS under your domain.
4. Click on Add Record.
5. In the CNAME option, click on Add.
6. In Host add www (or the host of your choice e.g. if you already have a website under www.yourdomain.com). In Points to add your school URL (e.g. yourschool.learnworlds.com or yourschool.mylearnworlds.com or yourschool.getlearnworlds.com).
7. Hit Add Record.
1. Log in to your account at https://admin.1and1.com.
2. Click on Domains → Domain Center.
3. Click on Domain Name.
4. Click on Subdomain Overview.
5. Go to New to create the subdomain.
7. Click OK.
8. Select the checkbox next to the subdomain that you will be using.
9. From the DNS menu, select Edit DNS Settings.
10. Select CNAME.
11. In Alias, enter the URL of your school e.g. yourschool.learnworlds.com or yourschool.mylearnworlds.com or yourschool.getlearnworlds.com. Click on I read and Agree and hit Save.
Follow the steps shown in this video.
Follow the steps shown in this article.
Connect your LearnWorld's site with other hosting services
1. Log in to your account on your hosting service's website.
2. Go to the DNS management page.
3. Since CNAME records are special Domain Name Service (DNS) records, they may be in sections like DNS Management or Name Server Management. It's possible that you will have to turn on advanced settings to create a CNAME record.
4. Before entering a new CNAME record, delete any existing entries for the same Αlias. Before you transfer an existing web address to LearnWorlds, you may want to copy any content, currently at that address, elsewhere.
5. Use the following information when you create your CNAME record.
a. Host Name/Alias: It's the part of your domain that appears before the naked domain. For example, if your naked domain is yourschool.com and you want to create the subdomain www.yourschool.com, the Host/Name should be set to www.
b. Value/Destination/Point: You should add your school URL e.g. yourschool.learnworlds.com or yourschool.mylearnworlds.com or yourschool.getlearnworlds.com.
- Make sure to replace yourschool.learnworlds.com with your LearnWolrds school URL.
- Do not include the https:// before your LearnWorlds URL or the / after.
Check if the CNAME record is successfully added
1. Go to Google Admin Toolbox.
2. Insert your subdomain free of https:// or / at the end (e.g. www.yourschool.com).
3. If the CNAME record is correct, the learnworlds URL will appear in Target.
Request the domain's change in your school settings
1. Navigate to Site builder → Site Settings → Domain.
2. Type the subdomain you created.
3. Click on Verify Domain → Click on Change Domain.
4. The verification message will appear. Your domain will be ready within the next 48 hours.
If you want to also use your naked domain, click here to check the steps.
You can find more useful information about custom domains here.