In this article you will find out more information on how to presell your courses, meaning users can enroll and wait for the full course content to be published.
Create a Course
1. Create a new course for your first pre-selling course.
2. Select a Course Title.
3. Add the course's URL. We recommend using a keyword in your course title such as Presell so your users are aware that this is not yet the full version of the course.
4. Choose the access type of your course. Choose the Paid option so your users can start enrolling in the Presell course.
5. Set a price for your Presell course. Set as Starting price the price that the course will be under once it is ready. Add a Discount price which will be the price for those who will enroll before the official release date
6. Add an image representing your course and fill in the description before moving forward.
7. Click on OK, take me to the course, or Finish.
Prepare your course
Concerning the content of your course, it is recommended to upload an introductory video so your users will be informed about the course.
Preparing your course material for a Pre-sell course, you can set the Sections to Draft mode. We suggest that you set the first section to Free so that every user can see an Introduction to your course.
- In case you want to set a drip-feed for your course as well, setting the first section to Free prevents students from seeing an error 404 on their end when visiting the course player (as courses with all sections set to both drip and Draft cause the course player to display a 404 error message).
- It's not feasible to presell subscriptions without activating the default billing interval. Instead, what you can do is add trial days and enable under Settings ➡ Payment Gateway ➡ Stripe the following setting: Students should be required to add a credit card before starting a trial
Launch your course
When the time comes to launch the course, upload the material and change the price to the full price (by turning off the discount option).
The users that are already enrolled in the course during the pre-sell period will now have full access and the new users will have to pay the full price to access your course.