Sections allow you to better organize your course content in meaningful chunks. Each section can have its own title and status. Sections are also hugely important for giving you granular control over how you share your content.
1 Click on the Contents tab in your desired course.
2 Click on Add section.
3 A new form will appear. Give a title for your section and choose one of the statuses below.
|draft||This section is invisible to the learners.|
It is the recommended status when your section is "under construction"
|soon||This section is visible to learners on the course page but they cannot access the learning units.|
It is recommended when you want to keep your learners up-to-date about future releases. You can also use this status for courses that you want to pre-sell (without having the actual content)
|free||This section is visible and accessible to the learners even if they have not been enrolled in the course. |
It is the recommended status when the whole course is free or if you want to share a free sample of your course.
|paid||This section is accessible only to the learners who have purchased the course.|
It is recommended for non-free courses.
4 Click on Save to create the section.
Note: You can edit the status of your section whenever you wish.
- If you want to change the Title of a section you can either click on the title or hover over the section and click on the edit (pencil) button.
- If you want to change the Order of your sections, hover over the section title you would like to move up or down and click on the respective arrow.
- If you hover over a section, you can Add a new one by clicking on “+” (plus) icon.
- To Delete a section, hover over the section title, and click on the delete icon.
- You can also Change the order of your learning activities within a specific section or move them to another section. Hover over the learning activity and when the drag n’ drop icon (cross with four arrows) appears, click on it and arrange the sequence of your learning activities as you wish.