A coupon is a voucher entitling the holder to a discount for a particular product and on which you can set an expiration date for a more controlled promotion. With LearnWorlds you can create discounts as percentages (%) or fixed ($) amounts, set expiry dates, and create multiple coupon codes to better control the source of your customers and coupon usage.
1. Navigate to Marketing → Promotions (Coupons).
2. Click on Create course/bundle promotion.
3. Give a name to your promotion.
4. Choose the type of your promotion (Percentage % or Fixed $ amount) from the dropdown menu and fill in the value.
5. Select the courses/bundles for which the promotion will apply. You can either choose specific courses and bundles or allow the coupon to be applicable to all your courses and bundles. Once you select them click on Add product.
6. You can create one or more sets of actual coupon codes for this promotion.
- Add a coupon code Note: Coupon codes are case sensitive so make sure your users copy the code exactly as it is.
- Set the maximum number of times this coupon can be used.
- Set an expiration date for the coupon.
Note: Creating separate sets of coupons gives you more control over how you distribute them (e.g. to different customer segments, through different channels, seasonal promotions, etc.) and allows for better monitoring of the effectiveness of each coupon/promotion.
7. Click on Create coupon before proceeding forward.
8. Click on Save twice. It is very important to click the main page save button too since this is the only step that finalizes the promotion coupon and stores it on your promotions list. Otherwise, your coupon will be discarded and you will have to start the creation process from scratch.
- You can also generate a big number of unique Coupons by Generating Bulk Coupons.
- You can export your Promotions in CSV or XLS format, by clicking on Export Promotions. You can find out more in our respective article.
How to track your coupon sales
If you wish to track the purchases performed with a specific coupon code you may visit your Reports Center→ Sales.
Paste the coupon code in the search field of your topbar to get all the sales results related to this coupon code:
Subscription Plans Coupons
In a LearnWorlds school, you have the ability to create coupons not only for courses or bundles but also for a Subscription Plan.
1. Click on Marketing → Plans Promotions → Create subscription plan coupon.
2. In the settings window decide the discount type (percentage or a fixed amount) from the dropdown menu, set its value, add a name for the new coupon, and configure its duration.
In case you create a recurring coupon you can select for how many times (months) this coupon will be applied.
Click on Save to save your changes.
Giving your students access to a product with an already applied coupon
You can provide your users a URL redirecting them to a Payment page with a coupon already applied. In order to achieve that you only need to follow these steps:
1. Create the coupon as explained above.
2. Copy the product's public URL (course, bundle, or subscription) in order to find in it the product's id. You can find the public URL of a course either by navigating to the product's Page Properties or on the course's Access tab.
E.g https://school.learnworlds.com/course/a-course-made-for-you where the course id is the content after /course/.
- URL example: https://school.learnworlds.com/course/a-course-made-for-you
3. Αfter the product's id paste &coupon= and the coupon's code (i.e. AUT2018). In the end, the URL should look like this:
When the users visit the above URL, they will be redirected to the product's page and, after clicking on Enroll, they will be redirected to the Payment page where the coupon discount will be already applied. The User then will be able to click on Buy and proceed with the purchase.
In case you wish to redirect your users straight to the Payment page then you should use the below URL where you should add after the school's name the payment?product_id= then the product id (a-course-made-for-you) and then the coupon slug (&coupon=AUT2018):
The correct URL should be like the one below:
Same way if you wish to share a URL straight to the Payment page with a coupon code for a Bundle it should be like this one:
Note: You can find out more on how to manage and track the use of Coupons in our respective article.