A coupon is a voucher entitling the holder to a discount for a particular product and on which you can set an expiration date for a more controlled promotion. With LearnWorlds you can create discounts as percentages (%) or fixed ($) amounts, set expiry dates, and create multiple coupon codes to better control the source of your customers and coupon usage.
2. Click on Create course/bundle promotion.
3. Give a name to your promotion.
4. Choose the type of your promotion (Percentage % or Fixed $ amount) from the dropdown menu and fill in the value.
5. Select the courses/bundles for which the promotion will apply. You can either choose specific courses and bundles or allow the coupon to be applicable to all your courses and bundles. Once you select them click on Add product.
6. You can create one or more sets of actual coupon codes for this promotion.
- Add a coupon code. Coupon codes are case-sensitive so make sure your users copy the code exactly as it is.
- Set the maximum number of times this coupon can be used.
- Set an expiration date for the coupon (the coupon expires at 00:00 in the school's set time zone the day of the expiration).
- In case you have created a 100% discount coupon, no price would be displayed on the payment button and the payment fields will collapse.
Note: Creating separate sets of coupons gives you more control over how you distribute them (e.g. to different customer segments, through different channels, seasonal promotions, etc.) and allows for better monitoring of the effectiveness of each coupon/promotion.
7. Click on Create coupon before proceeding forward.
8. Click on Save twice. It is very important to click the main page save button too since this is the only step that finalizes the promotion coupon and stores it on your promotions list. Otherwise, your coupon will be discarded and you will have to start the creation process from scratch.
→ It is not feasible to create coupon codes for payment plans.
How to Track your Coupon Sales
If you wish to track the purchases performed with a specific coupon code you may visit your Reports Center → Sales → Orders. Paste the coupon code in the search field of your topbar to get all the sales results related to this coupon code.