1. Navigate to Users → All Users.
2. Hover over Bulk actions, and click on Import users (available in the Pro Trainer plan or higher).
3. Prepare your .xls file. Each Bulk action option offers a template excel file. You can download it, add the data and re-upload it. The template file contains 3 columns: Username, Email, and Tags.
If you have created Custom Sign-up fields, the respective columns will automatically appear in your excel file. In order to add values to the custom fields on your import files, ensure that:
- Date/Birthdate field: The Date format must be MM/DD/YYYY
- Checkbox field: Checkbox values can be 1 (string or number) or yes, meaning the checkbox is checked. Anything else is considered false (checkbox unchecked)
- Dropdown and Radio buttons fields: Add any of the options you have added as the possible options of the signup field or leave empty.
Note: If the Sign-up field is required, this will be reflected in your excel file (Required). In case the fields are required and you have activated Sign up validation rules in the sideform (step 6), and you don't add a value, the user will not be imported. You need to add value in order for the import to be successful.
Here is an example of how the file should be:
4. Specify tags that will be added to all users included in the file. If you have already added these tags into the file, skip this step.
Note: If you wish to add more than one tag, add the comma symbol (,) between the tags. The Tag column is required, so even if you do not wish to add tags, ensure that the column is not removed.
5. Select if you want to update the user's details if the user already exists.
6. Select if you want to enable the validation rules of custom sign-up fields. If you haven't activated validation rules for your custom sign-up fields, remember to add a value or leave the respective field empty (if not required), or obey the validation rules (if required) in the file created before.
7. Choose if you want to send a welcome email to the imported users.
8. Add a Name for Users Actions log, to identify the progress of your Bulk action.
9. Click on Import users.
To find the record of your Bulk actions, navigate to Report Center → Users Action Log.
You can find more about the Users Action Log here.