Using the Shopify integration, your users will have the opportunity to buy your courses either via your Shopify store or via your Learnworlds school. A signed-in user who buys a course via LearnWorlds will be redirected to your Shopify checkout page with the user's email pre-filled, and the course already added to the shopping basket. With Shopify, you are able to handle the VAT of EU customers since it has geolocation so the VAT in the invoices will be issued automatically according to the country of your customer.
How to set up Shopify as your payment gateway
1. Go to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway and click on the Shopify option.
2. Fill out your Shopify URL (ending with myshopify.com) and click on Install. Kindly note that you need to delete https:// from your Shopify URL.
3. Υou will be redirected to your Shopify Login page to verify your account. Type your Shopify account credentials and click on Log in. Then click on Install unlisted app to approve the authorization.
4. You have successfully connected your Shopify store to your LearnWorlds online school! You will need to synchronize your courses (i.e. load your courses from LearnWorlds onto your Shopify store), by clicking on Sync. A confirmation prompt will be displayed to start the synchronization process.
5. When the synchronization process is completed, you will be informed about the products added/updated.
6. Activate Shopify.
- You have to synchronize with your Shopify Store every time you upload or change a course in your LearnWorlds school. If you publish a new course or make any changes to the title/price of an existing course, click on Sync in order for the changes to reflect in your Shopify store.
- If you choose to connect Shopify as your Payment gateway, then it will not be feasible to also offer your courses via the additional Payment Gateway options we offer. You will only be able to sell your courses via Shopify.
- Without an activated Shopify shop, LearnWorlds Shopify integration will not work. Meaning that Shopify Lite (since it doesn't provide for a shop) will not allow for the integration to be successful.
- The Sandbox option needs to be deactivated when the school goes live, to avoid paid course access without payment since, when in sandbox mode, no credit cards will actually be processed. This mode is offered only to test the payment flow & generate sample invoices.
Shopify Settings: After purchase navigation
If you wish to redirect your customers back to LearnWorlds after a purchase is made, click on Settings → Checkout in your Shopify account.
1. Customer Accounts required
You should set the customers' account logins as required. Click on Settings → Checkout, and select the Accounts are required option under Customer accounts.
2. Customer Contact
You should set the customer contact as "Customers can only check out using email".
3. After Purchase Navigation
Under Additional Scripts add the following script (make sure to alter https://yourschool.learnworlds.com with your LearnWorlds school URL, including the https://, followed by the slash symbol /):
<script> window.location =" https://yourschool.learnworlds.com/";</script>
By adding the specific script, all of your Shopify customers (including the customers of any Physical Products you offer via Shopify) will be redirected to LearnWorlds. If you offer other products in your Shopify account as well, and you are not able to use the script mentioned, we suggest adding a note at the bottom of the Shopify thank you message to redirect users to your online school.
Shopify supports its own coupon codes (the ones that you have created in your Shopify account) and the built-in coupon codes of your school are not valid - you need to share with your users the Shopify coupon codes.
Note: You may create coupons with the same code on both LearnWorlds and Shopify. When a user claims a coupon code on LearnWorlds, then this would automatically be applied on the Shopify checkout. You will need to create and maintain the same coupons on both systems, manually.