Using the Shopify integration, your users will have the opportunity to buy your courses either via your Shopify store or via your Learnworlds school. A signed-in user who buys a course via LearnWorlds will be redirected to your Shopify checkout page with the user's email pre-filled, and the course already added to the shopping basket. With Shopify, you are able to handle the VAT of EU customers since it has geolocation so the VAT in the invoices will be issued automatically according to the country of your customer.
How to set up Shopify as your payment gateway
1. Go to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway and click on the Shopify option.
2. Fill out your Shopify URL (ending with myshopify.com) and click on Install. Kindly note that you need to delete https:// from your Shopify URL.
3. Υou will be redirected to your Shopify Login page to verify your account. Type your Shopify account credentials and click on Log in. Then click on Install unlisted app to approve the authorization.
4. You have successfully connected your Shopify store to your LearnWorlds online school! You will need to synchronize your courses (i.e. load your courses from LearnWorlds onto your Shopify store), by clicking on Sync. A confirmation prompt will be displayed to start the synchronization process.
5. When the synchronization process is completed, you will be informed about the products added/updated.
6. Activate Shopify.
You have to synchronize with your Shopify Store every time you upload or change a course in your LearnWorlds school. If you publish a new course or make any changes to the title/price of an existing course, click on Sync in order for the changes to reflect in your Shopify store. It is not advisable to remove LearnWorlds products from your Shopify account because the sync will fail.
- If you choose to connect Shopify as your Payment gateway, you will not be able to also connect one of the additional Payment Gateway options we offer. You will only be able to sell your courses via Shopify.
- Without an activated Shopify shop, LearnWorlds Shopify integration will not work. Meaning that Shopify Lite (since it doesn't provide for a shop) will not allow for the integration to be successful.
- For Shopify Plus, if Shopify Plus provides a Shopify store, you will not have any issues using LearnWorlds's Shopify integration.
Shopify Settings: After purchase navigation
In your Shopify account:
1. Customer accounts setting:
Your LearnWorlds school’s integration with Shopify is designed to work for any of the 3 above options. Feel free to choose the option that suits your flow best, click on Settings → Checkout in your Shopify account.
2. Customer contact setting:
LearnWorlds uses the user’s email as an identifier, in order to link their purchase in Shopify to their LearnWorlds account. You will need to check the second option of the Customer contact setting, Customers can only check out using email.
3. Order processing: After an order has been paid setting:
If you would like to automatically fulfill a paid order, you are able to achieve it by selecting the Automatically fulfill the order’s line items option.
Note: Once this setting is selected, will be applied to all of your Shopify products. You will need to be careful, on how you use this setting when your store also provides products of different kinds e.g. physical, etc externally from LearnWorlds.
4. Additional scripts: Order status page setting:
If you wish to set up an after purchase navigation back to LearnWorlds, once your users complete their purchase in Shopify,
in the above field, add the following script (make sure to alter https://yourschool.learnworlds.com with your LearnWorlds school URL, including the https://, followed by the slash symbol /):
<script> window.location =" https://yourschool.learnworlds.com/";</script>
Note: Once this setting is selected, will not be limited to LearnWorlds customers only, but will be applied to all of your Shopify customers. You will need to be careful if you wish to use this setting when your store also provides products of different kinds e.g. physical, etc externally from LearWorlds. In that case, we would suggest you add a note at the bottom of the Shopify thank you message to redirect users to your online school.
Shopify supports its own coupon codes (the ones that you have created in your Shopify account) and the built-in coupon codes of your school are not valid - you need to share with your users the Shopify coupon codes.
Note: You may create coupons with the same code on both LearnWorlds and Shopify. When a user claims a coupon code on LearnWorlds, then this would automatically be applied on the Shopify checkout. You will need to create and maintain the same coupons on both systems, manually.