Using the Shopify integration, your users will have the opportunity to buy your courses either directly from your Shopify store or via your Learnworlds school. With Shopify, you are able to handle the VAT of EU customers since it has geolocation so the VAT in the invoices will be issued automatically according to the country of your customer.
If you choose to connect Shopify as your Payment gateway, you cannot connect any additional Payment Gateway options. You will only be able to sell your courses via Shopify.
How to set up Shopify as your Payment Gateway
1. Go to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway and click on the Shopify option.
2. Fill out your Shopify URL (ending with myshopify.com) and click on Install. Kindly note that you need to delete https:// from your Shopify URL.
3. Υou will be redirected to your Shopify Login page to verify your account. Type your Shopify account credentials and click on Log in. Then click on Install unlisted app to approve the authorization.
4. You will need to synchronize your courses (i.e. load your courses from LearnWorlds onto your Shopify store), by clicking on Sync. Keep in mind that Free courses cannot be synced.
5. A confirmation prompt will be displayed to start the synchronization process. When the synchronization process is completed, you will be informed about the products added/updated.
6. Toggle Shopify ON and click on Save.
Don't forget to deactivate Sandbox (it is activated by default for testing purchases if you have not selected a payment gateway).
- Without an activated Shopify store, LearnWorlds Shopify integration will not work. Meaning that Shopify Lite (since it doesn't provide a shop) will not allow for the integration to be successful.
- For Shopify Plus, if Shopify Plus provides a Shopify store, you will not have any issues using Shopify integration with LearnWorlds.
Shopify Settings: After purchase navigation
In your Shopify account:
1. Customer accounts setting:
Your LearnWorlds school’s integration with Shopify is designed to work for any of the 3 above options. Feel free to choose the option that suits your flow best, click on Settings → Checkout in your Shopify account.
2. Customer contact setting:
LearnWorlds uses the user’s email as an identifier, in order to link their purchase in Shopify to their LearnWorlds account. You will need to check the second option of the Customer contact setting, Customers can only check out using email.
3. Order processing: After an order has been paid setting:
If you would like to automatically fulfill a paid order, you are able to achieve it by selecting the Automatically fulfill the order’s line items option.
Note: Once this setting is selected, will be applied to all of your Shopify products. You will need to be careful, on how you use this setting when your store also provides products of different kinds e.g. physical, etc externally from LearnWorlds.
4. Additional scripts: Order status page setting:
If you wish to set up an after-purchase navigation back to LearnWorlds, once your users complete their purchase in Shopify,
in the above field, add the following script (make sure to alter https://yourschool.learnworlds.com with your LearnWorlds school URL, including the https://, followed by the slash symbol /):
<script> window.location =" https://yourschool.learnworlds.com/";</script>
Once this setting is selected, will not be limited to LearnWorlds customers only, but will be applied to all of your Shopify customers. You will need to be careful if you wish to use this setting when your store also provides products of different kinds e.g. physical, etc externally from LearnWorlds. In that case, we would suggest you add a note at the bottom of the Shopify thank you message to redirect users to your online school.
Note: Users will be able to purchase the courses from the Shopify interface even if they don't have a Shopify account (visitors).
It is feasible for users to add multiple LearnWorlds courses to their Shopify cart, check out the total amount, and then, they will be automatically enrolled in these courses in LearnWorlds.
Shopify supports its own coupon codes (the ones that you have created in your Shopify account) and the built-in coupon codes of your school are not valid - you need to share with your users the Shopify coupon codes.
Note: You may create coupons with the same code on both LearnWorlds and Shopify. When a user claims a coupon code on LearnWorlds, then this would automatically be applied on the Shopify checkout. You will need to create and maintain the same coupons on both systems, manually.
- One Shopify account can be used for more than one school and all products, from all schools, can sync in one Shopify account, even if the course slug is the same.
- The language of the school is independent of the default language of your Shopify store; so if the LeanWorlds school is in Spanish, but the Shopify Store is in English, then the user will view the checkout and the Shopify Store in English. The admin could install a translation app within their Shopify account in order to add multiple languages. Thus, the user, after the checkout could manually switch to the preferred language.