To create and upload your custom PDF Certificate in your Certificate Learning activities, you will need to follow these steps:
2. Customize your Certificate activity, and if you wish you can add Custom Certificate PDF Keys (scroll below).
3. Create the PDF template of your choice, with your brand or logo, for example in a Word file or an external design tool, and then save it in a PDF format.
4. Customize the PDF template in an external PDF fillable Editor. Use any PDF fillable editor you wish, upload your PDF template to edit it, and insert the appropriate Text Form Fields with values as shown in the next article steps. Make sure to keep the file size below 1MB, preferably below 500KB.
5. Upload the PDF template to your Certificate learning activity under Certificate candidate details (scroll below).
You can further customize the Certificate screen by adding the available certificate fields. Hover over and click on +Add Certification Field.
You can add as many certification fields as you want and populate them on the PDF Online Editor while creating your custom Certificate template. This can be done by using Certificate PDF keys (see below)
Certificate PDF Keys
When you add a Certificate field you can have a certificate PDF key if available for this specific certification field (e.g. cert_dropdown).
For example, the below certificate field has the certificate PDF key cert_dropdown that can be used on the certificate template you will create in the PDF Online Editor. So it will populate the information/answer the user will submit on this specific certificate field.
You need to use the same PDF key in the PDF Online Editor when you create a custom PDF certificate.
PDF Escape Online Editor
The following steps are based on PDF Escape Online Editor- a free online PDF editor tool. The procedure in other PDF editors may vary; however, these are the basic steps you need to take.
1. Visit www.pdfescape.com.
2. Choose to create a new PDF document or click on Upload if you have a custom certificate template in PDF format available.
3. Click on Form Field, pick Text and click on Select.
4. Choose the area where you would like to insert this Field onto. Give it a proper size to fit your text.
5. Click on the object and select Object Properties.
6. Insert the Certificate Field name to the object.
6.a. You can either insert the custom Certificate pdf key that you have stated on the certificate learning activity.
6.b. Or you can insert one of the following default fields:
Supported Certificate Fields
The name of the user (all characters are supported)
The course name
|Class_description||The course's description|
The date that the certificate was awarded will appear as 7 May 2022
The date that the certificate was awarded will appear as 07/05/2022 (day/month/year)
The date that the certificate was awarded will appear as 05/07/2022 (month/day/year)
The score that the user achieved in the final test, in percentage points (not available on the Certificate of Completion)
The course credits points (this can be set up in the course's Settings, under Add a label)
A unique identifier (text and numbers) that can be used to identify/track valid certificates
A special field that can be used for showing user input, like a professional registration number (Legacy Questionnaire Builder).
This link downloads the original certificate locally to the users' systems.
7. Click on the Download option to save the final pdf file.
Upload the Certificate template to your Certificate activity
Once you have created and downloaded the Certificate PDF template, upload it to your Certificate learning activity under Certificate candidate details.
Here is an example of how the certificate will look: