What is Auth0
Auth0 is a very popular authentication provider, with SAML SSO you are able to connect your existing identity management system with Learnworlds and allow your users to access Learnworlds via their Auth0 account. This is a basic guide on how to set up your school to use Auth0, based on your setup you might need to perform more actions.
How to set up Auth0
Login to Auth0 and go to Applications → Applications and either create a new Regular web application or use an existing one.
Within your application, navigate to Addons and turn on SAML2 WEB APP.
This will display the SAML2 setup page.
1. In your LearnWorlds school go to Site Builder → Sign in/up and select SAML.
2. Add a new SAML
3. Activate SAML and add a name for this SAML solution.
Copy the necessary information (see below) from your LearnWorlds school's settings. For the certificate, you will need to download it and open it with a text editor.
IDP Identifier (Entity ID)
Identity Provider Login URL
<not provided directly, read further down if you wish to setup Single Logout>
Single Logout URL
Identity Provider Certificate
Identity Provider Certificate
From your LearnWorlds school settings, copy the ACS URL.
Then paste it to the Application Callback URL, and enable your Addon.
4. Once you set up this information on your IDP and create the authentication application, you will need to update your school’s setup with the necessary information from your IDP:
a. IDP Identifier (Entity ID): this is the given IDP id for the created application.
b. Sign-on URL: this is the URL that the school will call to authenticate the user via the IDP.
c. Single Logout URL: in case you implement a single logout you may provide this URL. When the user logs out from Learnworlds the system will call this URL and the IDP will log out the user from all other Services.
d. Identity Provider Certificate: you need to pass the public certificate to authenticate the call.
e. Service Provider (SP) URL: it is your school SAML Service Provider (sp) URL that the IDP will use to identify your service.
f. Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL: this is the “Reply URL” that the IDP will use to inform your school (SP) if the user has been authenticated successfully.
g. Single Logout URL: The URL that will be used by the identity provider, to inform the service provider (your school) in case the user should be logged out; please paste this value to your identity provider, if needed.
h. Create User: Adds a new user to the school, if a user with this email does not already exist.
5. Click on Create to save your settings and you are all set. Your users may now Single Sign-On by using your favorite IDP.
If you're using Auth0 as an authentication method, it's mandatory to change the Site Navigation settings in the Payment Flow section for Logged-out users, as they will need to sign up/log in before proceeding to the payment page.
Also, you need to ensure that in all Payment Sections of your school's pages, 1-click Sales funnels, or the Payment Page of your school, the Sign in/up form option is set to hide since the user will not be able to sign in/up via the Learnworlds system.
Auth0 also provides the ability for Single Logout, meaning that if the user logs out from your school, they will also be logged out from their Auth0 application account or even from all Auth0 applications.
In the URL it will be https://YOUR_AUTH0_DOMAIN/v2/logout? client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID& returnTo=LOGOUT_URL where Client_id is the Client ID of your Auth0 application.
returnTo is the page that you need to redirect your users after logging out from your school, usually back to your school's main page. You will need to add the returnTo URL to the Allowed Logout URLs of your Auth0 application.
- The changes in the Sign in/up page regarding SSO will have to be made by the LearnWorlds admin.
- If you wish to use our built-in Affiliate Management program, you should consider not using the SSO solution, since it will not be feasible to use this feature and track sales.
- If you select Auth0 the LearnWorlds password update/reset functionality will not be available.
- In case you have existing users when enabling SSO with Auth0, you will need to import all the LearnWorlds users to your Auth0 system.
- If you want to use more than 3 custom SSO solutions please contact us at email@example.com.