The first step to take is to create a template of your certificate. Create the template of your choice with your brand, logo, etc, e.g. a Word file, and then save it in PDF format. Use any PDF editor to edit it and insert the appropriate Text Fields with values as shown below. Make sure to keep the file size below 1MB, preferably below 500KB.
The following steps are based on PDF Escape Online Editor. The procedure in other PDF editors may vary, however, these are the basic steps you need to take.
1. Visit www.pdfescape.com.
2. Choose to Create a new PDF document.
3. Click on Upload and upload your custom certificate template in PDF format.
4. Click on Form Field, pick Text and click on Select.
5. Choose the area where you would like to insert this Field onto. And give it a proper size to fit your text.
6. Click on the object and select Object Properties.
7. Type the Certificate Field name to the object, choosing one from the following table. Field names are case-sensitive. Preferably set the Alignment property to Center so that the text flows nicely. It would be good to set the font size to Auto on the top text toolbar of your screen. If the background color of the certificate template is black, you can change the color of the text to white, via the color option, found next to the font size option.
Supported Certificate Fields
The name of the user (all characters are supported)
The course name
The date that the certificate was awarded will appear as 7 Sep 2021
The date that the certificate was awarded will appear as 07/09/2021 (day/month/year)
The date that the certificate was awarded will appear as 09/07/2021 (month/day/year)
The score that user achieved in the final test, in percentage points (not available on the Certificate of Completion)
The course credits points (this can be set up in the course's Settings, under Add a label)
A unique identifier (text and numbers) that can be used to identify/track valid certificates
A special field that can be used for showing user input, like a professional registration number, etc (available in Learning Center plans or higher)
This link downloads the original certificate locally to the users' systems.
8. Click on the Download icon to save the final .pdf file.
Here is an example of how the certificate will look:
- If you wish to enable the PTIN field, submit a ticket to our support team and let us know the name you would like to use in the "PTIN" field e.g. ID, Company Name, Professional Number, License Number, etc, and our development team will activate it for your school (available in the Learning Center plan or higher).
- If the PTIN field is enabled, it will be required in all school certificates (along with the First Name & Last Name). However, its value will only appear on the Certificate template if the respective PTIN variable is added as a text field on your PDF template.