In LearnWorlds, you can create and host your online courses without any technical skills. Feel free to find information on all there is to know about creating courses in this article.
Course creation can be an ongoing process for a course creator and also users maintain their interest in your online academy if you provide them with brand-new educational material regularly.
Drip by Date
With the Drip-Feed feature, you can essentially organize the release of your course content (per course section) so that not all of your course content becomes available to your users all at once.
You can also use the Drip-Feed feature to notify users when you add new course content to a course with existing users.
After you have created your course and the course has already existing enrolled users, you may decide to add a new course section or a new learning activity to your course and notify your existing users of the new course content. You need to:
1. Go to Courses and visit the course's Access tab.
2. Enable the Drip feed and choose the Drip by date.
3. Navigate to the course's Contents tab (the label Dripped will now appear) where you can visit the existing course section that you wish to add new learning activities to or Add a new section to upload whole new content.
4. Click on the No Date Specified (or the footsteps) icon of the Drip by Date feature.
5. In the Section Edit menu that pops up, specify the date this section will unlock for your enrolled users.
6. Enable the drip feed email notification to be sent to users and inform them about the newly available course material. You will find more information here.
- The notification email must include content in its subject and body otherwise, the email notification will not get delivered to users once the course section gets dripped fed.
- The drip-feed section is unlocked, and the email is sent at 00:00 based on your school's time zone. Make sure to set up the drip-feed notification at least 24 hours before the unlock (otherwise, the email notification will not be sent).
- If two or more sections of a single course are scheduled to be released on the same day/date, only the email notification for the last section is sent, so you will only need to set up the Send email notification option for the last section.