Your School offers three methods to authenticate your users:
- Learnworlds - the built-in authentication mechanism; sign up, sign in and password reset is handled by your school, which will be discussed in this article. Your users will also be able to register and log in using Social Logins.
- Custom SSO URL - this option is for school owners that would like to use the WordPress Learnworlds SSO plugin or implement a custom SSO solution according to the Learnworlds SSO Guide. In this setup, sign-up, sign in and password reset is handled by your WordPress or the custom authentication implemented. Available for our Learning Center plans or higher.
- SAML - organizations that already have their own Identity Provider (IDP) may set up this option to connect their Learnworlds school with their IDP. All the user’s sign-up/creation, sign in and password reset will be handled by the IDP. Available in our Learning Center plans or higher.
The SSO mechanism is using the user’s email to identify the user, therefore, to change the user email address you will need to update the new email both in your school and on your external identity provider.
For LearnWorlds authentication mechanism, Click on Site Builder → Sign in/up and activate LearnWorlds.
You have two options regarding the login process.
- If you want anyone to be able to login into your school you can choose Login is enabled for everyone.
- If you want to disable the login setting you can click on Login is disabled. Only admins can login. Νο one can sign up and only users with admin accounts will be able to login into your school.
When a user other than the admin, clicks on Sign in and tries to log in, will receive the Login has been disabled message.
Sign up process
You have the ability to specify whether the users will be able to sign up to your school according to your convenience. You have three choices:
- Allow anyone to sign up.
- Let the signing up open to anyone only by buying a product first through a payment page.
- Disable the sign-up field and add your users only manually.
Note: In case you have selected Login is disabled. Only admins can login. No one can sign up in the Login Process, the choices Anyone can sign up and Anyone can sign up, however only by buying a product first through a payment page will be disabled too. Since you have chosen to disable the login process to your school, no one will also be able to sign up, so No one can sign up. I will add my users manually will be enabled by default.
Note: The text for login or/and sign up is the default. You can easily change the text if you navigate in your admin menu, click on Settings → Site Language . From the topbar select the Common page and change the text as you wish. For example, if you have disabled the sign-up field, you can change the “Sign in/up” field with “Sign in” only.
Social logins and Sign up fields
For the Sign-up fields and Social logins, you can check our relevant article.
- You need to use the LearnWorlds admin, to set up Custom SSO URL or SAML to your school, in case you misconfigure your setup then only this account will be able to sign in to your school.
- If you wish to use our built-in Affiliate Management program, you should consider not using the SSO solution, since it will not be feasible to use this feature and track sales.
- If you're using Custom SSO or SAML as an authentication method, it's mandatory to change the Site Navigation settings in the Payment Flow section for Logged-out users, as they will need to sign up/log in before proceeding to the payment page.
- If you select Custom SSO or SAML (external IDP) the password update/reset functionality will not be available. Also, you will need to make sure that in all Payment Sections the Sign in/up form option is set to hide since the user will not be able to sign in/up via the Learnworlds system.