With LearnWorlds Promotions you can issue discount coupons, making it easier than ever to promote and market your courses to your students through multiple marketing channels. Very easily you can create discounts in % of fixed $ amounts, set expiry dates and create multiple coupon codes to better control the source of your customers. Here is how you can do it.
1) To create a new coupon click on "Selling tools" -> "Promotions - coupons" in the admin menu
2) Click on the "Create course promotion" button
3) Give an easy-to-remember name to your promotion
4) Choose the type of your promotion (% or fixed $ amount) and fil-in the value
5) Select the courses for which the promotion will apply
6) Then, you have to create one or more sets of actual coupon codes for this promotion. Creating separate sets of coupons gives you more control over how you distribute them (e.g. to different customer segments, through different channels,seasonal promotions, etc.) and can better monitor the effectiveness of each coupon/promotion.
- add a coupon code
- set the maximum number of times this coupon can be used
- set an expiration date for the coupon
It is very important to click the second save button since this is the only step that finalises the promotion coupon and stores it to your promotions list!!
Otherwise your coupon will be discarded and you will have to start the process from scratch.
Green: The times that the particular promotion coupon has been used so far.
Blue: The overall amount of coupons created.
Red: The expiration date of the promotion coupon.
For sharing your promotion coupons you simply have to:
- Click on the "edit" tab as shown above
- Hover your mouse over the created coupon and click on the icon with an arrow
- As soon as you do, a message will appear telling you that the coupon url has been copied for you to paste it on the end of any of your courses link.
(Don't forget to use a "&" instead of "?" if more "?" appear in the url)
Once a user clicks on the link you have sent them, they will directly be transferred to the course enrollment page, with the coupon code already inserted in the appropriate field.
If you are wondering how your potential learners can use a coupon upon enrollment then wonder no more cause here is what they should do:
a) First they will need to find the corresponding course to the coupon and click "Enroll"
b) Then in the coupon section they should confirm that they do have a coupon so as to redeem it.
c) After that, they should be able to type the coupon code in the field and click on "Redeem" to get their discount.
d) Finally they will be able to see the precise discount they are getting along with the final price of the course. All that's left to do is accept the terms and conditions and click on the "Continue" button to provide payment information for completion of their enrollment.