Structure your Form
After creating your new form you will need to organize its structure:
- Edit your Starting and Ending screen.
- Add new or duplicate your Form Sections. Sections can be added by clicking on the + icon that appears when hovering over the existing section. After adding the section and clicking on it, then you can rename, duplicate, move or delete it.
Once the sections are added you can proceed to add your form questions.
Add Questions/Content Blocks
Questions can be added in multiple ways:
1. By clicking on Add question in the settings topbar.
2. By clicking on Add question, when a section is empty.
3. If a question has been added, by clicking on the + icon when hovering over an existing question.
You are able to choose among the following types of questions:
- Choices: Multiple choice, Multiple Choice/Multiple Answers, Dropdown, Country list, Consent.
- Contact: First & Last name, Email, Phone, URL.
- Short Text & Paragraph
- File upload
Note: This option is not available for free courses or free sections in a paid course as well as Marketing Forms.
- Rating & Ranking: Linear, Star, Heart, Like Rating.
- Date & Time
- Content block: Where you can add text and widgets at any point of the form.
Edit the questions
After a question has been added, it comes with some pre-made options.
1. To edit the text of the description and options, you can click on them in order for the text editor in the sideform to appear.
2. If the existing options are not enough, you can click on Add option, which adds one more option below the existing ones.
3. Each question has controls regarding settings, copying, tagging, and deleting. The options menus can be found by hovering over the question or by clicking on it in the sideform.
Note: Tagging is available only for Choices and Rating & Ranking type questions.
4. You can move, duplicate, cut, copy, paste, hide and delete a question by hovering over each question, clicking on it, and choosing the respective option via the sideform.
Edit the question settings
Each question type has different settings but there are some that are common for all:
- Required: Enabling this setting makes the question required. If a user tries to submit the form without having answered a required question, then is taken to that question with a relevant error message.
- Hide from player: This option allows the presence of the question in the form, however, hides it from the user.
Different settings per question type
Multiple Choice - Multiple Choice/Multiple Answers
Shuffle choices: When a user enters the form, the choices do not show with the order they are added but are randomly shuffled.
Include 'other' option: If enabled, when someone selects “Other” which will be the last option (even if shuffle is on) a field displays below it. You can also enter its placeholder text-the text inside the field.
In the Marketing Forms, if you have chosen the Save data in "Leads from Pages" table option, under Settings → After Submission, in the Consent type of question the Make this "Marketing Opt-in" toggle will appear.
If you wish to enable that option, the Consent question is required to have only one option (the one that will be set up as a Marketing opt-in) and the answer to that (yes/no) will populate the Opt-in column in the Leads from pages.
Note: If you set up the following setting in the Consent question type, even if you do not have the GDPR settings of your school enabled, your users will be able to see the question.
Short text & Paragraph
Placeholder text: The text inside the text box before a user starts typing.
Maximum characters & Minimum characters: The needed characters in order for a question to be able to be considered complete.
Note: If the user does not fill in the necessary characters, when submitting, they will be taken to the question and an error message will display. When the user reaches the character limit, they can't fill in any more characters.
File upload questions
A plethora of options regarding the allowed upload options, the presence of an additional field, the max number of files as well as the max file size.
Rating & Ranking questions
Show labels toggle: If enabled you will need to fill in the edges (start-end) and choose their location (label position).
Stars, Heart, Like Rating question:
- Number of items: The number of stars included
- Icon: The icon you can use including trophy, heart, like, crown, and graduation
- Color: The color of the icon
- Size: The size of the icon
- Scale from: The first, leftmost number
- Scale to: The last, rightmost number
Date, time, and DateTime
Placeholder date (time or DateTime): Set the time, date, or DateTime that appears before the user fills in any value.
- If the question is required, the users will receive an error if the answer is not submitted.
- If you want to delete a question or an answer choice, without losing results, you can export those results before they are lost, or duplicate your typeform and make changes to the new version.