A File Αssignment (FA) is a learning activity, similar to Assignments, through which instructors can request users to submit one or more files in their answers. This feature is available in the Pro Trainer plan and above.
Create your File Assignment
1. Go to your desired course's Contents tab under the section in which you want to create the file assignment, and click Add an activity.
2. Click on File Assignment under the Questionnaires tab.
3. Give a title and click Save to create your assignment.
4. Click on Settings, to edit the assignment.
5. The Update File Assignment sideform will appear.
6. Set up your learning activity's settings in the sideform and click on Save.
File Assignment Settings
Once you create a File assignment learning activity, you will be prompted to choose your desired settings:
- Course player details: Set how this learning activity will show in the course player (title, short type description, icon).
- Assignment description: Provide the users with details and instructions for this file assignment.
- Upload extra material: Provide users with a template or other background material that they can download to use for the assignment.
- Select upload methods: Select how users will upload their files.
- Due date: Set a deadline date for the submissions.
- Confirmation message: Write a message for the students to see after submitting their replies.
- Downloadable files after the success: Show a doc, pdf, or any other file after the user has successfully completed the exam.
- Passing grade in %: Set the passing grade for the exam. The default number is 80%.
- Allow resubmission if failed: Allow learners to resubmit their assignment if they failed.
- Time for answer update: Set a time period (in minutes) within which students can resubmit their answer, after their first submission. Usually a period between 10 to 30 minutes.
- Unit background image: Set a background image for this learning activity. Just a few content templates take advantage of this image, so you may not have to upload an image.
According to your settings, this is how the file assignment will look like in the course player.
- File Assignments can be set up as part of Paid, Draft, and Coming Soon sections. It is not feasible to use it in Free sections in order to avoid the exchange of any inappropriate files.
- Each file can be up to 20MB (same as with PDFs or digital downloads added by admins and instructors). However, you are able to set a lower threshold in the learning activity's Settings.
- If you want to change the settings, you can do so by clicking on the learning activity's Settings.
- For security reasons, users cannot upload the following formats:
a. Files with file extensions:
apk, app, bat, bin, cmd, com, exe, inf, msi, out, osx, ps1, prg, run, reg, vb, vbs, vbscript, jar, html, htm
application/vnd.microsoft.portable-executable, application/x-dosexec, text/html
Grading the Assignments
You can find out more on how to grade the Assignments, in our respective article.