If you have connected a custom domain to your LearnWorlds school, you need to proceed with some more steps in your domain provider in order for your SCORM files to be accessible from all web browsers and their future versions.
Set up a CNAME record for your SCORM files
1. Login to your domain provider and navigate to DNS settings.
2. Add a new record.
3. You should create a CNAME record for scorm.your_custom_domain (e.g. if you have purchased a domain such as yourschool.com, then the CNAME record should be scorm.yourschool.com).
a. In Type, select CNAME.
b. In Host/Name, add the value scorm.
c. In Points to/Value/Destination, add scorm.learnworlds.com.
4. Hit Save.
Here is an example of how the CNAME record should be setup:
Check if the CNAME record is successfully added
1. Go to Google Admin Toolbox.
2. Insert your subdomain free of https:// or / at the end (e.g. scorm.yourschool.com)
3. If the CNAME record is correct, scorm.learnworlds.com will appear in Target.
Contact us to finalize the configuration
Once you are ready, submit a ticket to our support team, letting us know of the CNAME record you have created. The finalization process needs approximately 2 business days. As soon as the configuration is completed on our end, your SCORM files will display as expected.
- The aforementioned steps are based on GoDaddy. The procedure in other providers may vary, however, these are the basic steps you need to take.
- If you have already uploaded SCORM files before you add the CNAME record, they will be fully functional and it is not required to re-upload them.
You can find out how to upload SCORM files along with important information on their management here.