In the Certificate of Knowledge (or simply a Certificate), your users will be awarded their Certificate, however, they first have to pass one final exam specifically created for this purpose.
In the Certificate of Completion activity, users can be awarded a Certificate by going through your course learning activities or getting a passing grade in all your examinations.
Create a Certificate activity
1. Go to the course where you want to add the Certificate of knowledge and add a new Certificate activity in the relevant section.
2. Click on Settings.
3. In the sideform that shows up, before editing the certificate exam, specify the requirements that users must meet in order to get the certification (Either by completing the course questionnaires only or all the learning activities).
4. You can choose whether or not users will be able to share their certificates on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
5. Click on Add certificate to upload your PDF certificate template and Save your changes.
To edit the questions of the Certificate, click on Edit Questions.
The first time you get to edit the questionnaire for a new certificate, you will be prompted to choose your desired settings, including the passing grade, test duration, etc.
You can choose to:
- Set duration if you want a timed test or leave it untimed.
- Specify whether you will offer a random subset of the questions to each user.
- Set the maximum number of retries. For a formal final exam, this should be set to "1".
- Have auto-navigation, meaning that when a user provides an answer to a question, they are automatically forwarded to the next question. This mode is a good option for quick and easy tests.
- Set whether users should verify their test submission when clicking on the submit button. The purpose of this is to avoid accidental submission of exams, especially in cases where only one attempt is allowed.
- Configure whether users are allowed to review their answers, after submitting the exam. With this setting on, your students will be able to identify the wrong answers (The correct answer is not shown).
- Set the passing grade for the exam (in %).
- Give users the option to download a companion file after the success of the exam for which you can set the label of its button and also set the URL of the file.
In order to add questions to your certificate questionnaire, click on Add question and choose between multiple-choice and true/false questions.
Your users will see the following screen when they want to get your certificate.
You can find out more on how to manage your issued Certifications, in our respective article.
Share Certificates on Social Media (Legacy Builder)
1. Νavigate to the desired course, hover over the learning activity and click on Settings.
2. Find the Let your users share their certificates in the social media section. Click on the checkboxes for the social media services you would like to allow your users to share their Certificates.
3. As soon as your users insert their information and Pass the needed qualifications to be rewarded with their certificate, the following buttons will appear:
4. If you click on any of them, you will be redirected to their respective pages to allow you to share your Certificate.
For example, if you log in to your LinkedIn account and push the respective button on the certificate page, you will be prompted to fill in the following details:
This is how your students can share their personal achievements with the rest of the world. And by doing so, more prospective students will start noticing your school.
- Follow the steps in the articles on the Certificate of Knowledge and Certificate of Completion, to create the respective learning activities.
- On Facebook and Twitter, if a user shares the certificate, the sharing link redirects to the course's overview page in order to let users know of the accomplished course.
- Each user can download the earned Certificate unlimited times with their submitted personal details on it (Name, Surname, Date of completion, Score, etc) either from the course player or from their profile page.
- You can change the settings of your certificate questionnaire whenever you wish by clicking on Settings in the top bar of the authoring certificate.
- You can find out more on how to create your own Certificate PDF template, in our respective article.