The Exam learning unit can be used for creating formal tests.
Create your Exam
1. Go to your course's Contents and click on Add activity.
2. Click on Exam Legacy under the Questionnaires Legacy tab.
3. Give a title and click Save or Save & Edit to create your exam.
4. Click on Settings, to edit your Exam.
5. The first time you create an Exam and click on Edit Exam, you will be prompted to choose your desired settings, including the passing grade, test duration, etc. Don't forget to click on Save, to make sure all changes are implemented.
Note: You can find out more about the Legacy Exam Settings in this article.
1. To customize your exam questions, click on Edit questions.
2. In order to add questions to your exam, hover on the cross sign on the upper side of the screen and choose the type of question you want to add. You can also swap up/down and delete the selected question:
After your insert, a multiple-choice question, type/paste your question, and the possible answers, and at the correct answer click the correct checkbox next to it.
Note: You can add more alternative answers by clicking on Add Choice.
Multiple-choice & Multiple correct answers
After you insert a multiple-choice question, type/paste your question, the possible answers as well as any desired feedback for each one, and at the correct answer click the Correct checkbox next to it.
Note: You are able to choose more than one correct answer to this type of question. In order for the question to be considered correct, the user must choose all of the correct answers.
After inserting the True/False question, type/paste the question title and the statement. If the statement is true click the correct box otherwise leave it blank (blank means that the statement is False).
- You can change the settings of your exam by clicking on Settings in the top bar of the authoring exam.
- If you have the "Timer/Duration in minutes" setting enabled in your exam, it's essential to disable the following setting: "Notify user before submitting" otherwise, users will be able to continue their exam when the timer ends.
- You can monitor your users' results from the Gradebook, as described in this article.